By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Three System Features You Want to see from the NX

No shooters or focusing on online vs games at the expense of everything else. Nintendo needs to stay Nintendo and continue to be our savior with just classic colorful offline single/couch coop fun.  Do not cave Nintendo. Stay Nintendo.

Nintendo is the last ray of light for us classic gamers that remember single player offline action/platform/adventure/rpg and don't care for 95% budget spent on realistic graphics or running around in a box shooting other players over and over to compare epeens.

And online games are the devil with their constant nerfing of shit every other patch (The Division was the last straw for me for online gaming. Nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf.) Today's gamers would bitch that a turtle shell between two bullet bills for 99 lives is an exploit and demand nerfs and "game breaking fix now plx". To hell with them.

Around the Network

1. Home Console
2. Regular Controller
3. Crossbuy with NX Handheld.

I just want free online.

XanderXT said:
I just want free online.

What does online REALLY provide though?  

Competitive play? To compare epeens with anonymous strangers, ether in vs mode games or showing off your gamer score? Why is everything a competition?  That's all anyone uses it for anymore on non Nintendo platforms.

And getting patches pushed down your throat against your will constantly nerfing everything fun and dicking around with mechanics every other day.  The Master Sword is OP so we reduced it's damageby 15%  in 1.1.  Fuck you that's when I desolder the network chip from my NX permanently.

And unfinished games, ads, and nickel and diming with DLC.

No thanks. 

Does Nintendo really need all these things? Or do people just include "online" in some master  checklist because Sony and MS have it....wait there's that urge for comparing and competition thing again...

Having dug out my NES, SNES, Sega CD, and PS1 lately, I can't help feel but console gaming was a much better experience before online connectivity.

exdeath said:
XanderXT said:
I just want free online.

What does online REALLY provide though?  

Competitive play? To compare epeens with anonymous strangers, ether in vs mode games or showing off your gamer score? Why is everything a competition?  That's all anyone uses it for anymore on non Nintendo platforms.

And getting patches pushed down your throat against your will constantly nerfing everything fun and dicking around with mechanics every other day.  The Master Sword is OP so we reduced it's damage in 1.1.  Fuck you that's when I desolder the network chip from my NX permanently.

And unfinished games, ads, and nickel and diming with DLC.

No thanks. 

Does Nintendo really need all these things? Or do people just include "online" in some master  checklist because Sony and MS have it....wait there's that urge for comparing and competition thing again...

Having dug out my NES, SNES, Sega CD, and PS1 lately, I can't help feel but console gaming was a much better experience before online connectivity.

I want online because it's hard to play multiplayer when your friends never go to your house.

Around the Network

I honestly don't care about most of the features. Just give me a main controller that i want to actually use, and i'll most likely buy the NX.

3D !
3D is really great feature. 

I know it is impossible though.

I just want a normal device reasonably powerful with good games without any useless add-ons or gimmicks. It's really simple.

-off tv play
-way larger VC library
-competitive hardware

Additional, shared games library: first party : buy one play it on console and handheld. 3rd party: buy on console, play it also on pc. I am prepared to pay 20€ more if I have to.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

- Backwards Compatibility to 3DS and Wii U games (or at least one of them)

- Faster menus (like going on the internet, miiverse, friend list, etc while playing a game [pausing it ofcourse, but having multi window will be very nice] )

- ALL GAMES HAVE ONLINE MULTIPLAYER (PLEASEEEEEEEE!!!!! I hardly have anyone come over to my house. Especially on those party games! And I don't mind paying the online services)

Pocky Lover Boy!