By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Spencer suggests Scorpio will cost not more than $600 USD

AsGryffynn said:
Azuren said:

Sony won't allow it. 

Well, that's sort of another story... Sort of... 

It won't cost less, but it can be sold for less... don't mix it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Yeah because anything above $600 would be an effrontery.

The Xbox One Project Scorpio will start at $399 for the entry model.
More powerful for the same price is just as good for marketing as having 4k blu-ray, while the competiton does not.
They won't drop that advantave.

However, the real price will be $499 for the general model. The one with a decent Harddrive size and a Game Bundled. Just like the Xbox360 startet at $399, but the most people wen't for the more expensive model in the early release days...

kennyschraub said:
More powerful for the same price is just as good for marketing as having 4k blu-ray, while the competiton does not.

However, the real price will be $499 for the general model. The one with a decent Harddrive size and a Game Bundled. Just like the Xbox360 startet at $399, but the most people wen't for the more expensive model in the early release days...

They will if they have to sell them at 100$ loss on each unit.

I honestly dont see how they can sell it at under 499$ without takeing losses.

399$ is a dream price that is very unlikely to happend.

449$ for 500Gb model.

499$ for 1tb model.

^ this is a much more realistic price scenario, and probably what it ll end up being.

VAMatt said:
Azuren said:

Not really, it's the same story. The XB1 Scorpio, being more powerful, will be more expensive. Not only that, but the PS4Pro will have had a year to improve its manufacturing process to drop their cost per unit even lower. Sony is in a position to always maintain a price advantage from now on. 

Everyone is always in a position to maintain a price advantage.  Manufacturers often lose money on consoles, so its all about how much you're willing to lose on the front end, in hopes of making it up later.  That's a business decision that none of us have enough information to figure out.  

Thanks for covering my back while I was diggin' some smurfs! 

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
kennyschraub said:

They will if they have to sell them at 100$ loss on each unit.

I honestly dont see how they can sell it at under 499$ without takeing losses.

399$ is a dream price that is very unlikely to happend.

449$ for 500Gb model.

499$ for 1tb model.

^ this is a much more realistic price scenario, and probably what it ll end up being.

I think my prediction sounds better. The cheapest Scorpio matching MS's elite Slim product seems very likely... 

Sounds to me it will be priced like the Elite SKU in relation to the OG XBO. Now i'm def expecting $399-$450, as possibly the XBO S will be a $249 (for all intents and purposes) next holiday season.

PC I i7 3770K @4.5Ghz I 16GB 2400Mhz I GTX 980Ti FTW

Consoles I PS4 Pro I Xbox One S 2TB I Wii U I Xbox 360 S

VAMatt said:
Azuren said:

Not really, it's the same story. The XB1 Scorpio, being more powerful, will be more expensive. Not only that, but the PS4Pro will have had a year to improve its manufacturing process to drop their cost per unit even lower. Sony is in a position to always maintain a price advantage from now on. 

Everyone is always in a position to maintain a price advantage.  Manufacturers often lose money on consoles, so its all about how much you're willing to lose on the front end, in hopes of making it up later.  That's a business decision that none of us have enough information to figure out.  

Yeah, except Sony is in a more advantageous position? I don't understand how that point is even debatable. 

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Azuren said:
VAMatt said:

Yeah, except Sony is in a more advantageous position? I don't understand how that point is even debatable. 

I think it's something only you can see since MS is the larger company who can have Xbox bleed and profit anyways and they are using rather cheap materials to obtain a 4K BD for near non existent cost... 

AsGryffynn said:
Azuren said:

I think it's something only you can see since MS is the larger company who can have Xbox bleed and profit anyways and they are using rather cheap materials to obtain a 4K BD for near non existent cost... 

Sony can do it, too (and has historically done so on more occasions), so I'm not sure what you're going on about. 

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames