By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Spencer suggests Scorpio will cost not more than $600 USD

Good luck selling that $599 console.

Around the Network
Azuren said:
AsGryffynn said:

Nobody knows whether number two will happen... 

Sony won't allow it. 

Well, that's sort of another story... Sort of... 

AsGryffynn said:

If  Scorpio's price  will be $400 .  Do you think about  the price of XB slim?  

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
AsGryffynn said:

The 500GB one will probably retail for $249, the 1TB one for $300, the 2TB one for $349... 

AsGryffynn said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

The 500GB one will probably retail for $249, the 1TB one for $300, the 2TB one for $349... 

Thanks .

Around the Network
Landguy said:

THe 1tb XB1s comes with a $59.99 game included, and the game isn't always a MS title.

I literally just bought an XB1s 1tb Madden Bundle yesterday for $349.00.  Bestbuy also is giving a free $59.99 game with that, so I got FOrza Horizon 3.   BestBuy matched Walmart that also has a free 2nd controller too.  

The real price I just paid was $349.99 - $59.99(Game)=$290.00   - $39.99(controller)=$250   - $59.99 (madden) = $190!

I already had a launch XB1, but i had been waiting to get a PS4pro for a game system and 4k Bluray player.  When the specs came out that the PS4pro didn't have the 4k bluray, it was an easy choice.  I looked and all of the 4k bluray players are $319+.

You are quite the good deal maker.  I salute you!

How do you like the S compaired to your original model?

Anyhoo, on topic.  I'm expecting the premium Xbox Scoripo bundle to be around $499.  But they might have a less expensive model for $349ish.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

I'd get it at $600 assuming the hardware justifies it, but that's deff as high as I'll go for a console. Probably wouldn't sell well though.

I sure wish one of these would function as a 4K bluray player (or can the Scorpio do that?)... need one and wouldn't mind relying on a console like I did with the PS3 for bluray and PS2 for normal DVD heh

AsGryffynn said:
Azuren said:

Sony won't allow it. 

Not really, it's the same story. The XB1 Scorpio, being more powerful, will be more expensive. Not only that, but the PS4Pro will have had a year to improve its manufacturing process to drop their cost per unit even lower. Sony is in a position to always maintain a price advantage from now on. 

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Azuren said:
AsGryffynn said:

Not really, it's the same story. The XB1 Scorpio, being more powerful, will be more expensive. Not only that, but the PS4Pro will have had a year to improve its manufacturing process to drop their cost per unit even lower. Sony is in a position to always maintain a price advantage from now on. 

Everyone is always in a position to maintain a price advantage.  Manufacturers often lose money on consoles, so its all about how much you're willing to lose on the front end, in hopes of making it up later.  That's a business decision that none of us have enough information to figure out.  

Johnw1104 said:
I'd get it at $600 assuming the hardware justifies it, but that's deff as high as I'll go for a console. Probably wouldn't sell well though.

I sure wish one of these would function as a 4K bluray player (or can the Scorpio do that?)... need one and wouldn't mind relying on a console like I did with the PS3 for bluray and PS2 for normal DVD heh

Xbox One S supports 4k Blu-ray. It's only natural to assume that successive consoles would also support the same.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--