By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One is dead outside of US, what can Microsoft do?

I dont think price is the right tactic.
At this point it has to be clear the reason for the differnce in sales is its not as desirable as the playstation 4.

They need to change how their brand is percieved, and the games for the system.
Ei. keep showing titles that arnt shooters, show it has more diversity in games than people think. That people that see it as a dudebro box are wrong.

Id get more european game studios, and ask them not to make american styled games, or shooters.

Maybe try to get more japanese games for it too.

Around the Network
iNathan said:

So what do you think that Microsoft can do to save Xbox? 

How is 21k last week in Europe, dead?
Japan != Europe...

Xbox One is doing pretty fine. Not selling as well as the Play Station Four does not mean it is dead... It is far from it.

TBF the XB1 isnt doing as well as the x360 WW BUT is still has pretty solid sales outside the US. its like 7-8ml WW which isnt as great as Sony but not dead.

Rebrand the Scorpio as the XB2 and slowly persuade their fans to forget about it being forward and backwards compatible.

The PS5 Exists. 

I also think MS has a slight image problem, and thereby also Xbox.
Not sure how to repair that quick though, its something you build over time.

Trust in ms on xbox, is alot lower than in playstation, imo.
I dont think their current social media postings is doing them much favors in this reguard either.

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
Rebrand the Scorpio as the XB2 and slowly persuade their fans to forget about it being forward and backwards compatible.

They have a image problem.

They 've told too many lies and been caught in them. Backtracked too often. Commucated one thing by one person only to have another guy for them say something else. They can be pretty mean on social media.

What your saying certaintly wouldnt help that any. That isnt how you build trust in your brand.

Xbox one is doing well in the UK as well. Also North America and UK are the most important markets because we buy the most games. Japan isn't relevant anymore in the console industry. I mean the PS4 only sold around 2-3 million and Sony actually released first in USA.

Snoopy said:
Xbox one is doing well in the UK as well. Also North America and UK are the most important markets because we buy the most games. Japan isn't relevant anymore in the console industry. I mean the PS4 only sold around 2-3 million and Sony actually released first in USA.

Lol Mainland Europe is much much bigger than UK and Ps leads UK anyway.

Snoopy said:

Isn't Wii U still ahead off PS4 in Japan? I'm sure its close now, but even in Japan, PS4 isn't really tearing the house down.

I don't believe Microsoft can really do anything. They've never been popular outside the US and UK territories. They even bought exclusive rights to a bunch of JRPGs, and it still didn't really make a valid dent. 

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames