By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why do we insist that NX has to be another PS or XB, or else it'll fail?

Does NX need to be on par with PS4 and XBone to succeed?

Yes 96 30.77%

No 118 37.82%

Yes, but... 33 10.58%

No, but... 65 20.83%

Total:312
SonytendoAmiibo said:
Am I the only one who wants NINTENDO POWER to mean something again?

The racism on this site is out of control.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
Ljink96 said:
SonytendoAmiibo said:
Am I the only one who wants NINTENDO POWER to mean something again?

I'm kind of fine with having a Sony cosole and a Nintendo console. I just recently got an Xbone, but if it had to come down to it, 2 consoles is good for me. I wouldn't want both of them to be the same thing with different content. Nintendo, I think, focuses on cheap fun games that are really well made. By cheap, I mean the consoles. There will come a time where PS4 and Xbone graphics are easy to incorporate into any device which that time is fastly approaching. Nintendo I feel is taking it slow while catering to their audience.

If the NX system is revealed to be a hybrid machine, this is what comes to my mind. The Amphibicar. It drives on land AND is also a boat on water. But it's not really a good car or a good boat. It just does both.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

It doesn't need to be too powerful... for $299 they can come up with maybe 3TF console and you can play all Nintendo exclusives and 3rd party. imo.
Myself, i prefer traditional home console.

Cause we are not geniouses, just silly gamers. Nintendo is right in always trying to do something new, this is what makes them awesome. It is like a artist that always try something new: sometimes he fails, but when he suceeds is really good.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

vivster said:
Well just think about this way. The only way for the NX to be more successful than the Wii U is to gain some users back from the PS4/Xbox share. How would you do that if you can't even be on the same level as them let alone surpass them? Why would people who were not interested in the Wii U buy the NX?

Nintendo does not care anymore about that small pond when they can get a part of the big vast blue ocean and be way more succesful.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
vivster said:
Well just think about this way. The only way for the NX to be more successful than the Wii U is to gain some users back from the PS4/Xbox share. How would you do that if you can't even be on the same level as them let alone surpass them? Why would people who were not interested in the Wii U buy the NX?

Nintendo does not care anymore about that small pond when they can get a part of the big vast blue ocean and be way more succesful.

Yep, Nintendo has made it clear they are going blue ocean again.

Put on your snorkel and dive into the blue :).

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Stefan.De.Machtige said:
Pavolink said:

Yep, Nintendo has made it clear they are going blue ocean again.

Put on your snorkel and dive into the blue :).

Yep. Super Mario Run this holiday season.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

vivster said:

You say that with a straight face as if the Wii audience never existed.

It's clear which gamers Nintendo has to get back. It aint the Sony/MS audience.

I LOVE ICELAND!

In my opinion. As long as it uses x86, or maybe, maybe ARM. It'll be fine.

I LOVE ICELAND!

KungKras said:
vivster said:

You say that with a straight face as if the Wii audience never existed.

It's clear which gamers Nintendo has to get back. It aint the Sony/MS audience.

You are 100% right. Nintendo is going after all the casuals that left for cellphones and tablets. And when they get Super Mario Run on their mobile devices they will be happy and HAVE LESS REASON to buy Nintendo hardware. Just look at it...

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969