By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo NX: Why I do not expect to see it this year.

Tagged games:

When will the Nintendo NX be revealed?

September 2016. 4 4.30%

October 2016. 48 51.61%

November 2016. 6 6.45%

December 2016. 3 3.23%

January 2017. 8 8.60%

February 2017. 3 3.23%

Later than March 2017. 13 13.98%

Never. 8 8.60%

Total:93
Soundwave said:
I'm kinda iffy on the projector thing. Yeah it would be neat to use in a pinch I suppose, but most people have multiple TVs, and even if you're travelling, a hotel has a TV. That and it probably would be a low resolution, eat battery life like crazy, and could only be used in a darkened environment.

I dunno. I hope Nintendo isn't banking the farm on that.

I don´t know why, but that projector thing made my imagination run wild, it was a really appealing idea for me. Funny how people think differently one from another.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network

I voted January in the other thread. I don't see Nintendo dropping the hype bomb until after the holiday season. Things revealed prior to Christmas tend to feel less exciting in January. On the other hand, if they unveil it in January, then that's still plenty of time to market the launch lineup in depth and look at a bunch of future games.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Mark you calendar, October! :)

Consoles don't need like before year or more for revile before launch, but they are also not yearly iteration of new iPhone that they need just few weeks before launch, especially if you have completely new platform with new concept.

Jumpin said:
I voted January in the other thread. I don't see Nintendo dropping the hype bomb until after the holiday season. Things revealed prior to Christmas tend to feel less exciting in January. On the other hand, if they unveil it in January, then that's still plenty of time to market the launch lineup in depth and look at a bunch of future games.

True. It is a shame that we invest so much emotional energy in these things, I know a lot of younger gamers may even get sick with the waiting.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Next Week! Or, the first week of October at the latest.

Switch: SW-5066-1525-5130

XBL: GratuitousFREEK

Around the Network

I do not like the projector leak. I don't like projectors, they lack brightness.

Well, we already know that it will be a hybrid you can hook up to your TV because Eurogamer had credible sources. That's the leak I prefer.

Ubisoft praising it means only that it's innovative and disruptive, as in a hybrid. There won't be any "little extra something" outside of what was shown in the leaks.

It will be released in march. The Foxconn leak proves it definitely.

Slimebeast said:

I do not like the projector leak. I don't like projectors, they lack brightness.

Well, we already know that it will be a hybrid you can hook up to your TV because Eurogamer had credible sources. That's the leak I prefer.

Ubisoft praising it means only that it's innovative and disruptive, as in a hybrid. There won't be any "little extra something" outside of what was shown in the leaks.

Yes, but how about the reveal?

WagnerPaiva said:
Slimebeast said:

Oops. I try to dodge that question now because my prediction failed (the 22nd of September).

Slimebeast said:
WagnerPaiva said:

Oops. I try to dodge that question now because my prediction failed (the 22nd of September).

I wish, I get really anxious about these things. =(

"When will the Nintendo NX be revealed?"

At one point I was sure they would do it this month... Now Im not so sure anymore.
I will say this the sooner the better.