By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot: "The new Nintendo console is a fantastic machine"

Original Article: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ubisoft-ceo-talks-nintendo-nx-and-advantages-of-ne/1100-6443802/

Regarding NX, he said, "The new Nintendo [console] is a fantastic machine. It's really a new approach, it's really Nintendo, [which is] coming with something new again. We love it." The system is rumored to be a handheld/console hybrid, a possibility that The Pokemon Company recently lent credence to.

Is this a good sign you think? Ubisoft has always been supporting Nintendo but they believe it is a new appraoch and fantastic, something Nintendo has said themselves that NX is.

Around the Network

Yeah sounds like a hybrid. He's also previously said it would be great for families or something. Also again, he refers to it in a singular tense (one machine). 

Is it a good sign that Ubi is saying this? No, not really. If it were Rockstar or something like that, then yes. But either way, it doesn't have any baring on the outcome.

Either tell me which games are going to be on it or shush. Saying its fantastic means nothing if they aren't gonna make games for it.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:
Either tell me which games are going to be on it or shush. Saying its fantastic means nothing if they aren't gonna make games for it.

Just Dance. 

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:

Dis

Really useless info from Ubi. Everyone says this, for all new consoles. It means nothing.

I'm sure if I dug it up, I would find the same or similar quote regarding Wii U. Granted, I like the Wii U, but my point is that Ubisoft has always been a good supporter of Nintendo. ZombiU was a fantastic exclusive at Wii U launch and I do expect Ubi to risk another exclusive at NX launch as well.

When it comes to western AAA developers, I'll continue to have a "show me, don't tell me" attitude with them after they basically used the Wii as their shovelware platform to fund their big AAA games and how they abandoned the Wii U shortly after fellating Nintendo publicly with honeyed words of praise and ultimately disappointing Nintendo fans.

They said the same about Wii U so this means little and its just a deja vu from 2012.

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4