By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What was your reaction to the Wiimote

it went something like this

what the hell!?!??? ... .... ooohhhhh sweeet!

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

Around the Network

When I just saw the controller, I was shocked. When I heard the point was motion control, not even more buttons, I could see where Nintendo was going.

I also think that refining that control will be the main focus of the next system, so that we do get 1:1 control for games.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

I still prefer the standard controllers,but I liked it,as it would provide a different experience for series I enjoy.

I wowed and thought it was incredible.

When I first heard "Wii" I thought it was odd but after a couple of hours I realised what Nintendo were doing.

Combining the two above experiences made me realise Nintendo were aiming high, and before Wii's release I was predicting the Wii to come a close second to the PS3. (roughly 80mil for PS3 and 70 mil for Wii)

Since their respective launches that went out the window though... perhaps I should have been more John Lucas style bullish... but at the time I didn't know much about video-game markets.

TWRoO said:
I wowed and thought it was incredible.

When I first heard "Wii" I thought it was odd but after a couple of hours I realised what Nintendo were doing.

Combining the two above experiences made me realise Nintendo were aiming high, and before Wii's release I was predicting the Wii to come a close second to the PS3. (roughly 80mil for PS3 and 70 mil for Wii)

Since their respective launches that went out the window though... perhaps I should have been more John Lucas style bullish... but at the time I didn't know much about video-game markets.

That's fine, neither does he...

PS: It was just a joke (kind of), so don't kill me.

Around the Network

My reaction was that this is make or break for nintendo. It could have killed the Wii for the control scheme or it could have helped.
It helped and Nintendo's back on top!!!

When I first saw it i was kinda pissd of at Nntendo but 5 mins later when i had time to think about how it worked i was all for the new scheme!

I always thought it would revolutionize gaming. I even TRIED to get it on the launch date but I wasn't able

SSBB: 1977-0005-2980 (JOEY) MKWii: 4382-2877-5902 (Joeykanga)
Wii:4027-0084-9432-1532             PM me if you add me.
Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"

GO WIIIII

I had already been following whole Blue Ocean strategy with interest (not that there was much to follow) and when I saw the Wii mote I knew they'd nailed it!!

I was very excited for the industry because Nintendo was taking gaming back to the masses and it was obvious that anyone could and likely would play on Wii.

I was then delighted to watch core gamers squirm with all the WTF? and Wii??? and 'it'll never sell', not being able to look past their own little circle of friends to the world beyond.

I just wished I'd thought to post my predictions like John Lucas did.  But then, I'm not such a hog for attention either.