By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What was your reaction to the Wiimote

I was intrigued, I found it to be quite an interesting concept. I hoped it would be successful and I think its the best gaming controller.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions
Around the Network

I was intrigued, and stuck by Nintendo's decision, but I didn't think it would ever catch on. I was pretty wrong.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

confused at first but open minded .....

First, I got a huge raging boner.
Second, I decided I had to have it on launch day.
Third, I freaked out and realized it was going to revolutionize the entire industry forever.

It was the coolest thing ever. I didn't honestly care too much what Nintendo would do after the Gamecube until I saw their new controller.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

I was terribly excited when I first heard of it and saw it in action!
But then I played with it, and well, the magic faded unfortunately.
I could not grow fond of it despite my love and enthusiasm for prior Nintendo systems and controllers.
First letdown ever by Nintendo in my days and years as a gamer.

i actually remember watching iwata i think it was, over the net. i saw him taking it out of his pocket in disbelief. i stopped streaming the clip because i was so disillusioned. i thought iwas time to start saving up for a ps3 or xbox.

but then i watched it again and saw the motion controls, and the hype started to build from there. well maybe not hype, but i had alot of questions that needed answers, and i wanted them answered! so i kept a close eye on it...

wii friend code: 3164-3458-9149-5470

PSN ID: youjiro87

360 Gamertag: PM me to find out!

youjiro said:
i actually remember watching iwata i think it was, over the net. i saw him taking it out of his pocket in disbelief. i stopped streaming the clip because i was so disillusioned. i thought iwas time to start saving up for a ps3 or xbox.

but then i watched it again and saw the motion controls, and the hype started to build from there. well maybe not hype, but i had alot of questions that needed answers, and i wanted them answered! so i kept a close eye on it...

That was my reaction. But you are right. The HYPE started right there and it has only built from that. 

I was like.. How am I going to play Video Game with this??

Then I Liked it :D

I was never a big console gamer, besides the occasional Madden or Bond game that I would play with my brother, who was the bigger console gamer. He was pretty skeptical, while I was intrigued. Then I saw whoever at I suppose E3 do the WiiMusic demo, and was really impressed. Then it was finally released and my brother managed to get one around Feb after launch (he was "turned" about a month before launch), and then I finally decided to put down the money for mine own.