By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Who will win Others this week? Ps3 or Wii?

@Scruff7

Discussions like this were taking place last year in sales aswell when big titles hit, like American sales when Halo 3 came out, comparing the 360 to the Wii. It's the same case, this is something that's happening because a game that is popular is hitting a console, in this case the PS3. the discussion is only about Others, if it were WW then that would be something even bigger, also, when a big game hits the Wii, you don't see "The Wii will probably sell better than X console due to X game being released" its more like "due to X game getting released on the Wii, I expect it will outsell the PS3 and 360 combined" a case that happens sometimes even without a game comming out.

I'm not trying to defend the Wii or 360, but, do you also remember the "one year and the 360 will be last and the PS3 will be second, close to the Wii" comments? They were so common when the PS3 released, yet, now, more than 12 months later, its still last and the 360 has a 7 million console advantage.

Anything can happen atm, console sales are something that can't really be predicted ... "The Wii will only sell about 11million units in its lifetime". But being perfectly honest, the battle here is still between the 360 and the PS3, I see the PS3 beating the 360, something like what happened last gen with the Xbox and the GC, but I see the 360 being last close to the PS3 whose second and the Wii will be out of this world in sales like the PS2.

Its just my guess.

Around the Network
leo-j said:

There's something wrong with you.

There's nothing wrong with me, Leo-J. People like hype over quality, and that's why the Wii does so well. People that favor gameplay and quality are the minority. There's a reason why the piece of shit console always outsells the great console.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

wii

the ps3 will always struggle to keep up with it until there is another big price drop. only then do i think the ps3 can start really selling well.

Come on now Riot, calling it a piece of shit is just a bit over doing it. And you even appear to love Brawl....which drives me nuts. You're like a conundrum wrapped in a puzzle in the middle of a maze.

Wii will win. Nintendo will ship additional Wii's to counter GT5P. Also, MKWii is just around the corner, and PES is released this week.

Around the Network

riot you're bipolar. :l

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius
daactualfact said:

Not likeing the Wii makes a person bipolar?

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Its gonna be close. What comes out for Wii?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Riot Of The Blood said:
daactualfact said:

Not likeing the Wii makes a person bipolar?

No being a bias smartass just makes you well a jackass.

Riot Of The Blood said:
leo-j said:

There's something wrong with you.

There's nothing wrong with me, Leo-J. People like hype over quality, and that's why the Wii does so well. People that favor gameplay and quality are the minority. There's a reason why the piece of shit console always outsells the great console.

Hey everyone, look at this, this is what we call 'biased trolling', really its a good example from a well practiced expert.

Personally I am going with them being well within the margin of error of each other, they will be within 5% and as such too close to tell.