By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony deserves to be called out for this! - Great article inside.

In English, the Sony London statement roughly translates to "Great job! You're fired." The San Diego comment is similar, but without the first part."

Sony deserves to be called out of their shitty business practices, let´s be honest here i don´t care if you are a Sony Fan or not, this is people losing their jobs, people wich have a Family and were counting on those jobs to support it, people who have kids to take care, put food on the table, pay schools and shit. 

Sony is on a roll with this shit, they closed Evo, now this? Who the fuck is responsible for this decisions? Shu needs to go ASAP. 

Full Article: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-09-16-great-job-youre-fired

Around the Network

WTF??

Is something wrong with you? You do realize businesses are in it to make money? And that they are constantly restructuring and what not...

it's like you want Sony to just keep people on a payroll regardless of their output in relation to the amount invested in them.

All companies do this... just stop this nonsense right here.

This is just ridiculous.

Um that is just PR, of course you are not going to say "You're fried because you undelivered on the games you made, that are loved but in a business sense are duds."

Also unlike the PS3 era, sony does not need a large quantity of first party as they did, as they have the full support of third party publishers again and are doing really well for themselves. 

I wish I had the free time for flavor of the week internet outrages like this.

Did you know every business fires people from time to time?
True Story

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Nintendo has talked in the past about this issue, they don't hire more studios or people than they need because they rarely fired them, so they can feel safe and important in their works and do things better.

Iwata: “I also know that some employers publicize their restructuring plan to improve their financial performance by letting a number of their employees go, but at Nintendo, employees make valuable contributions in their respective fields, so I believe that laying off a group of employees will not help to strengthen Nintendo’s business in the long run.”

However some big game companies are constantly doing the opposite, getting more than they would been able to maintain in the future, as a result studios get closed and people gets fired but they already got what they wanted. If you think what Sony has done is bad then take a look to EA, that's a whole other level, and simply disgusting. The more ambitious the better right? lol

Intrinsic said:
WTF??

Is something wrong with you? You do realize businesses are in it to make money? And that they are constantly restructuring and what not...

it's like you want Sony to just keep people on a payroll regardless of their output in relation to the amount invested in them.

All companies do this... just stop this nonsense right here.

This is just ridiculous.

No mang, Sony is this nonprofit good guy who doesnt care about money, they care about you and your playstation, so thats why the stories of them firing people is wrong! Sony should keep making bombas until they have no money left, then we can look back fondly how Playstation was once a thing.

Goodnightmoon said:
Nintendo has talked in the past about this issue, they don't hire more studios or people than they need because they rarely fired them, so they can feel safe and important in their works and do things better.

Iwata: “I also know that some employers publicize their restructuring plan to improve their financial performance by letting a number of their employees go but at Nintendo, employees make valuable contributions in their respective fields, so I believe that laying off a group of employees will not help to strengthen Nintendo’s business in the long run.”

However some big game companies are constantly doing the opposite, getting more than they would been able to maintain in the future, as a result studios get closed and people gets fired but they already got what they wanted. If you think what Sony has done is bad then take a look to EA, that's a whole other level, and simply disgusting. The more ambitious the better right? lol

Lets not turn this into who is better contest. I will defend Nintendo on their ability to protect trademark, and I will defend sony on the fact they have right to do this, namely since a lot of their studios have not delievered in a manner they most likely wanted. 

In the end, all of these companies are in it for making the most money, they are not in it for gamers, developers and/or publishers. 

Goodnightmoon said:

Iwata: “I also know that some employers publicize their restructuring plan to improve their financial performance by letting a number of their employees go but at Nintendo, employees make valuable contributions in their respective fields, so I believe that laying off a group of employees will not help to strengthen Nintendo’s business in the long run.”

Sorry but Nintendo's software output and propensity for delaying games(this has been ongoing since the N64 days) shows that they should in fact hire more studios/people....

People get fired, and that sucks, but thats life. 

Guitarguy said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Sorry but Nintendo's software output and propensity for delaying games(this has been ongoing since the N64 days) shows that they should in fact hire more studios/people....

More cooks in the kitchen does not always make a better project. With larger teams it can be more difficult to keep the game unified (something that Nintendo is very good at) and keep everybody on the same page. Increasing the size of your team doesn't simply make games more quickly, it adds more moving parts, more hands on the wheel and more things that can go wrong.