By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Splatoon Is Tokyo Game Show’s Game of the Year

Ka-pi96 said:
GOTY for 2015? Isn't it a bit late for that?

Well, they DID give an award to Minecraft, so I suppose time is not relevant here.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
GOTY for 2015? Isn't it a bit late for that?

Well TGS is in September and they definitely can't choose GOTY of 2016 in September 2016. :)

LurkerJ said:
SONY should copy it and introduce something similar

Hello Kitty: Modern Warfare

Ka-pi96 said:
Miyamotoo said:

Well TGS is in September and they definitely can't choose GOTY of 2016 in September 2016. :)

Still a bit late though. Don't like it when awards are given out before the year is over either, but waiting 9 whole months in to the next year is a bit much. It's kinda like who even cares anymore? We've already have our 'what game won the most GOTYs 2015' thread, so it's just too late.

Of Course almost nobody thinking about last year's games, but never its to late that quality game get another prize. :)

Deserved, is also the best game of the gen imo

Around the Network

That's weird. How does a game from last year win an award for this year, let alone Nintendo not even being present at any TGSs.

Oh well, good for Splatoon. It's definitely one of the most unique and interesting games of this generation.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Huh, that came out of anymore! It still makes me happy, regardless.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I'm happy for the people behind the game, they must be stoked. Can't wait for the sequel.

spurgeonryan said:
I feel like this game has been out for longer than a year, and why was Wii U snubbed from the Minecraft list?

It came out this year, or whatever they describe as a full year. Actually it apparantly came out in Decemeber, so no idea. 

This list is depressing.