By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PSVue: HBO And Cinemax Coming Soon

You asked, we listened! Today, we’re pleased to announce that one of your most highly requested channels, HBO, is coming soon to PlayStation Vue. We’re also adding Cinemax to give you access to even more Hollywood hits and action-packed original series. Beyond PlayStation Vue, we’re also excited to announce HBO Now will soon launch on PS4 and PS3. If you subscribe to HBO through PlayStation Vue, you can access HBO Now on all supported devices at no extra charge.

HBO and Cinemax on PlayStation Vue, and the HBO Now app on PS4 and PS3 will launch ahead of the October 2 premiere of the highly anticipated new drama, Westworld, created by Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy.

The launch of HBO and Cinemax on PlayStation Vue will mark the first time HBO’s live programming and Cinemax’s channel will be available directly to you as standalone channel offerings, without the need for a bundle subscription. That means through PlayStation Vue, you’ll have the option to subscribe to HBO and Cinemax as standalone channels or add them to your existing PlayStation Vue plan. Both HBO and Cinemax will each be available for $15 monthly.

We’re excited to make HBO and Cinemax a reality for our PlayStation Vue users later this month and to bring HBO Now to PS4 and PS3. We’ll have more news to share soon, so stay tuned to the blog for more information. You can also visit www.psvue.com.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/09/15/hbo-and-cinemax-coming-to-ps-vue-hbo-now-launching-soon-on-ps4-ps3/?adbsc=social_20160915_65943006&adbid=776428098023596032&adbpl=tw&adbpr=10671602

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Meh I already watch Game of Thrones for free and nothing else really catches my eye on HBO. Guess this is good for the people that want it though.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Vue is turning into an amazing TV service. Keep it up Sony!

I'm guessing this is great for people in the US and not a single person anywhere else in the world?

At this point i feel comfortable switching from Comcast as soon as our contract is up, at the end of the year.

Around the Network

The team working PlayStation Vue has got to be one of the most competent bunch in the industry. I am amazed at how well they have done securing new content and delivering it to more and more platforms. Vue is easily becoming one of the premier premium content providers in the US.

I will be adding both HBO and Cinemax to my suscription once they arrive.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

How about a windows app? I don't have Vue yet because I can't watch Vue on my computer.

KBG29 said:
The team working PlayStation Vue has got to be one of the most competent bunch in the industry. I am amazed at how well they have done securing new content and delivering it to more and more platforms. Vue is easily becoming one of the premier premium content providers in the US.

Great to hear! With all the recent additions including NFL and this I'm sure subscriber numbers will soar! 

KBG29 said:

Its the old chicken and the egg scenario.

You need content to get subscribers, you need subscribers to secure content. 

PSVue is out of the woods and is seeming like the flat out best alternative to standard live TV that there is. Its has the potential to become one is the Playstations biggest money making franchises. They just got to get the service out to other countries. 

I'm borderline on the brink of getting a VPN service hard coded into my router and jump onto the service. It's basic package. Im in it for the sports. 

This might be slightly off topic but i got to see some american tv ads the other day and the PS Vue ad was one of the funniest i have seen in a while.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_5aHv7bCRA