By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resident evil 7 new trailer... freaking awesome!

spooky 57 70.37%

not spooky 24 29.63%

Total:81
Ka-pi96 said:
Wright said:

Resident Evil 4 destroyed almost everything the Resident Evil name represented. RE4 is a terrible, terrible game.

Fixed

Well, I find it to be a playable, entertaining game. Do I take for this that you are disgusted for what Resident Evil 4 did to the franchise, though?

Around the Network

Looks amazing ! pre ordering

I like it, it certainly looks scary but this isn't resident evil, at least not from what we have seen so far. While I did enjoy RE 5 and RE6, I longed for a return to the more classic resident evil formula but bringing some of their newer ideas along too. I can see myself getting this game for sure, I'm a sucker for horror games/movies, but this feels nothing like RE. If it was named something else completely, I would have nothing negative to say cause it does look frightening.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Ka-pi96 said:

I`m sure it`s just a coincidence that most of the people who call RE4 the best RE game are Nintendo fans when it was a Nintendo timed exclusive. It`s not like Nintendo fans have a propensity to only focus on exclusive games or anything. Yeah, surely just a coincidenc...

While I'm not supporting anyone in the current-back-and-forth, generalizations like this aren't helpful to the conversation. Don't make them.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Ka-pi96 said:
BraLoD said:

Destroyed the Resident Evil name, lol, most people like the series exactly because of it

I`m sure it`s just a coincidence that most of the people who call RE4 the best RE game are Nintendo fans when it was a Nintendo timed exclusive. It`s not like Nintendo fans have a propensity to only focus on exclusive games or anything. Yeah, surely just a coincidenc...

Your ignorance is just offensive here, specially when you never hear anybody (Including Nintendo fans) saying RE0 is the best RE or one of the very best games of the franchise, and that game was a total Nintndo exclusive for more than a decade instead of months like RE4.

RE4 is widely considered as one of the best horror games ever, period, that doesn't come from Nintendo fans, it comes from everywhere.

Around the Network

RE4 is arguably the game of gen 6 it changed certain aspects in gaming let alone horror games, in regards to RE as a series it switched the fear approach from shock tactics and suspense to an atmosphere of panic, anxiety and constant threat. The encounters with the Regenerators are regarded one of the series scariest moment.

Most of the 1st person view horror shtick isn't scary anymore. RE7 can hopefully change that. P.T was the only real scary thing tbh.

Even Shadow of the Colossus with its vast empty open plains evoked more a sense of dread than 90% of the horror games to me.

The graphics are so bad. Those character models, wow. I was excited for this reboot, but those graphics are not going to cut it, hopefully they have time to fix this.