Klonoa 4 2.35%

Rayman Origins 23 13.53%

de Blob 3 1.76%

de Blob 2 1 0.59%

Sonic Colours 13 7.65%

Kirby's Return to Dreamland 11 6.47%

Other 7 4.12%

Total:170

Donkey Kong Country Returns. That was the best platformer I have seen in years at the time. It almost felt like a revival of the genre.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

Does Muramasa count? If so, then that.

Easily Donkey Kong Country Returns

Signature goes here!

Kirby Return to Dreamland. DKC Returns was just okay to me. It felt like it was running on a highly modified New Super Mario Bros. engine and I really didn't like the level design. I still haven't beat it yet though, so maybe that'll change something. But Return to Dreamland was beautiful, it had tons of content, 4 players, it's just a blast.

Donkey Kong Country Returns best Wii 2D Platformer period.

I forgot that Cave Story was on Wii, thanks Onionberry. Though I much prefer the 3DS version: Cave Story 3D (improved graphics + 3D), most underrated 3DS game IMO.

Funnily I prefer the 3DS version of Donkey Kong Country too with its improved controls.

Around the Network

Donkey Kong Country Returns was a huge disappointment for me, so I'll pick Sonic Colors.

Epic Yarn imo

Switch!!!

globalisateur said:

Funnily I prefer the 3DS version of Donkey Kong Country too with its improved controls.

I haven't played the 3DS version, but even setting aside my preference for big screens and console controls, I know I'll prefer the Wii version for one simple reason; on Wii, DKCR is 60fps. On 3DS, it's 30fps.

curl-6 said:
globalisateur said:

I haven't played the 3DS version, but even setting aside my preference for big screens and console controls, I know I'll prefer the Wii version for one simple reason; on Wii, DKCR is 60fps. On 3DS, it's 30fps.

3DS controls felt less laggy. The Wii mote is adding a lot of input lag IMO on all Wii games. And no more waggle unresponsive controls. Some parts were very frustrating for me because the motion controls wern't always reliable. the 3DS experience was a bit better, more levels too, and the 3D added some immersion.

Responsive controls at 30fps > unreliable controls at 60fps

Like you said, you didn't play the 3DS version...

globalisateur said:
curl-6 said:

3DS controls felt less laggy. The Wii mote is adding a lot of input lag IMO on all Wii games. And no more waggle unresponsive controls. Some parts were very frustrating for me because the motion controls wern't always reliable. the 3DS experience was a bit better, more levels too, and the 3D added some immersion.

Responsive controls at 30fps > unreliable controls at 60fps

Like you said, you didn't play the 3DS version...

I never found the Wii controls unresponsive or unreliable.