By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why the Scorpio will sell for no more than $399 (if its 6tflops).

Will the Scorpio sell for no more than $399 (if its 6Tflops).

Yes. Technology progresse... 117 29.77%

No. Its simply too expens... 276 70.23%

Total:393
poklane said:
CGI-Quality said:

Ooooohhhh......I will hold you to this for as long as I can!

For future use, just in case

LOL.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network

I assume the only spec you remembered was that 6Tflops.

12gb of GDDR5 RAM
4K Blu Ray drive
And it's going to require an all new CPU.

The PS4 Pro is $399 with the same CPU, the same RAM, and no 4K Blu Ray drive.

$499 will be impressively inexpensive.

Plus, Moore's law is dead.

www.technologyreview.com/s/601441/moores-law-is-dead-now-what/

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

tag

Normchacho said:

12gb of GDDR5 RAM
4K Blu Ray drive

The memory bus is also faster at 320gb/s

The reason question for the scorpio is what VR solution will it support when it comes out.  Will it be Intel, Valve, Oculus or all of them.  Will the Windows store host different VR software depending on which headset is used.

Normchacho said:

12gb of GDDR5 RAM
4K Blu Ray drive

Why would it require a new CPU? I mean the PS4 Pro is just an overclocked jaguar and seems to be just fine for the console. I expect the same for the Scorpio. And when did Microsoft confirm that the Scorpio would have 12GB of Ram? And finally, the 4k blu-ray drive is an extra $15 on manufacturing costs, so its nill. 

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network
Normchacho said:

12gb of GDDR5 RAM
4K Blu Ray drive

Ah Moore's law is daed.

I seem to recal seeing articles like that every year for the last 15 years. I fully expect to see another one a year from now saying Moore's law officially dead in 2017

CGI-Quality said:

If I could have it my way, the thing would launch at $499, be 9-10TFs, with 16 GB of RAM (GDDR5X), contain a 2-4TB SSD, and at least 3 exclusive titles (yes, in essence, Xbox Two).

But, instead, it'll likely launch between $399-$449 and remain a 6TF Xbox One. I just wish it had some exclusives.

Yeah. There's like zero incentive to buy one without exclusives.

It would be cool if they apart from the 6 TFLOPS Scorpion also released one SKU with your wish specs, a truly premium version for the most dedicated. Many people would complain it would fragment the market too much, but it would be cool to see a console that is essentially up there with the really high-end PCs.

Wow, 10TFs would almost make 4K/60fps possible.

Those specs would make it cost over $1000 though, especially with a 2TB SSD lol

Slimebeast said:
CGI-Quality said:

If I could have it my way, the thing would launch at $499, be 9-10TFs, with 16 GB of RAM (GDDR5X), contain a 2-4TB SSD, and at least 3 exclusive titles (yes, in essence, Xbox Two).

But, instead, it'll likely launch between $399-$449 and remain a 6TF Xbox One. I just wish it had some exclusives.

Yeah. There's like zero incentive to buy one without exclusives.

It would be cool if they apart from the 6 TFLOPS Scorpion also released one SKU with your wish specs, a truly premium version for the most dedicated. Many people would complain it would fragment the market too much, but it would be cool to see a console that is essentially up there with the really high-end PCs.

Wow, 10TFs would almost make 4K/60fps possible.

Those specs would make it cost over $1000 though, especially with a 2TB SSD lol

Samsung has a 2TB SSD for 600$ if thats your thing.

Also a console with those specs would cost more than 1000$.

Cant believe 33% voted yes.... they all gone lost their minds :p

Please necro bumb this thread 1 year from now.

JRPGfan said:
Cant believe 33% voted yes.... they all gone lost their minds :p

Please necro bumb this thread 1 year from now.

Well how about you give your reasoning as to why you think that is the case? Keep in mind I said 6Tflops.