By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony supported Mods in UT3 and Microsoft didnt where was the outcry back then? Media Bias

did a child start this op?

User was warned for this post ~ CGI

Around the Network
Acevil said:
CGI-Quality said:

Don't generalize.

Ya, I agree with you, I seen amazing Sony fans be level headed, understanding, and some situations even critical, and I also seen those defend sony every single second they get, no matter the situation. 

You just described a portion of pc, Playstation,  Nintendo and Microsoft fans.  

Basically every platform has all types of fans.  

This is the reason why mods are not going to be present in Fallout 4 and Skyrim ( PS4 versions ):

"After months of discussion with Sony, we regret to say that while we have long been ready to offer mod support on PlayStation 4, Sony has informed us they will not approve user mods the way they should work: where users can do anything they want for either Fallout 4 or Skyrim Special Edition." - Bethesda

All I can say is good riddance. Let Microsoft handle all the bricked Xbox One's.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

I think the most important thing to remember is UT3 wasn't nearly as popular as Fallout 4. So less people cared UT3 in general.

Frankly, there was complaining from Epic themselves about how little MS is allowing them to do. https://www.destructoid.com/wanna-know-why-the-xbox-360-isn-t-getting-the-titan-pack-for-ut3--122331.phtml

Last gen Sony seemed to be more accommodating to developers. I wonder what changed...

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Areym said:
Well, I can see people being annoyed or disappointed because it was announced that the PS4 version of fallout 4 would have mods only to have them shut down in the end. I can't imagine Sony canceling the mods without having a really, really, REALLY good reason but as of now, Sony has been pretty silent and I assume they don't wanna throw Bethesda under the bus if it's actually their fault, as some people speculate that the mods don't meet Sony's standards.

To be honest, when you are the leader like Sony is, you really do not have to have a real reason you do not want to do something.  The leader does not have to cater to every consumer needs or feel they need to seperate their product from the competition because they are the leader.  With the lead Sony has, they are in the position to do things that help profits more than cater to consumers.  I really do belive sometimes gamers forget that these are corporations and they goal is to make money.  So you can believe if Sony had a reason where it was Bethesda fault they would come out and say it because they do not want bad press.

As for the MODs, its probably a simple case where Sony does not want to spend the resource peer reviewing mods.  MS on the other hand needs to do whatever it takes to make to gain any advantage over the PS4 so they probably are willing to absorb the cost.

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
How DO mods work on the xbox one?

Remember back to when I modded Skyrim on the PC - it was no easy task. You have to worry about ordering them, cleaning them. Making batch files. Making sure there was no conflicts between them. Keeping track of your performance to make sure they weren't bogging you down. Changing settings, downloading a lot of programs

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/76373/?
https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/wiki/beginners_guide

I couldn't ever imagine doing that on consoles - it sounds like a nightmare.

You just download mods from special in-game catalog. That's how mods work on xbox one

Kerotan said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Pack it up, boys. We've been found out. We really didn't want mods in our game.

Did "we" not want them back in the ps3 days either?  Or all that time the pc has been doing them?  Why is it only an issue now?  No outrage last gen,  but meltdowns galore this gen. 

It's an issue now because technology advances all the time and we're at a point where developers are putting mods on the console. You understand UT3 was just under a decade ago, yes? And you understand how technology works and progresses? Why you would say someone didn't want something a decade ago and thus it shouldn't be a big deal now, is just nonsense.

Personally I didn't care about mods a decade ago because I wasn't into PC gaming as I am now and I sure as shit wasn't into UT3.

Also, where exactly are the "meltdowns"? It seems we have people peacefully and logically discussing this. If you need to use such hyperbole to try and make a point, maybe it's a point you shouldn't try to make :)

Lastly, as countless others have pointed out, Fallout and Skyrim are bigger and more popular games on every level than UT3 was on PS3, so that makes it a much bigger deal.

Mr.Playstation said:
This is the reason why mods are not going to be present in Fallout 4 and Skyrim ( PS4 versions ):

"After months of discussion with Sony, we regret to say that while we have long been ready to offer mod support on PlayStation 4, Sony has informed us they will not approve user mods the way they should work: where users can do anything they want for either Fallout 4 or Skyrim Special Edition." - Bethesda

All I can say is good riddance. Let Microsoft handle all the bricked Xbox One's.

Consoles won't be bricked. Mods don't go "outside" the four walls the game is contained in.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

I said this in another thread but its the same hear. Sony is the market leader. When you are the market leader you get your swag on and tell developers and publishers to fall in line. Things that goes against your other products like EA access, you can tell them to play on the other system. Paying a little extra for UHD 4K player when it would cut into your profit you say streaming is better especially if you use our service. When it comes to Mods and you have to put in a little more effort to get them working on your system, you tell the developer go back to the drawing board. This is what market dominance get you. I said this a long time ago I like it when either Sony or MS play from behind because that is when they are really for the consumer. Once any one of these companies become the market leader, well you start to see wholes in that "for the consumer" and more of that "for profit".

Sony haters seem to be quite loud on the internet. Then I go to amazon and see how Ps4Pro is #1`in sales and I just sigh at the internet.