By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games that have made you cry?

Majora's mask, when I realised that I needed the expansion pack xD.

Around the Network

the Last of Us
Fatal Frame 2,3 ending
MGS 3 Snake Eater ending
MGS 4 ending
Uncharted 4 ending
Beyond two Souls
Heavy Rain

dishonorable mention:Resident Evil 6,the only game I cried because how horrible my favorite franchise been turned

MGS4 during the microwave tunnel and The Walking Dead: Season 1 are the only times that come to mind.

For me its really hard to cry, I do get emotional sometimes, The Last of us deff got me feeling emotional, Persona4 got me sad the game ended. But crying is not something I do easely.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

I can't remember what games, but I know I have choked up at certain points in games, and at times I was on the very edge of crying. If I remember, I will come back, and let you peeps know.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
DannyDesario said:
Persona 3, Persona 2, Anohana (visual novel),

Which Persona 2?

Both IS because of Jun's motive as the Joker and EP because Tatsuya goes to the otherside.  I'll throw in Xenogears too when one of Elly's incarnations is killed and Abel's incarnation suffers from it.  Played all these games when I was like 10 though during my JRPG binge months and I got very into anime at that time so I might not cry if I played them for the 1st time now.  Shinji's death in P3 really hit me though and I still cry every time I see it.

Currently Playing: N/A

Anime and Studying is life RN

Cant say ive ever cried for a game but there have been a few to give me an emotional response. It usually takes alot to get it out of me but a few gems i can remember are....

Metal Gear Solid 4 - ive been playing MGS since i was a kid so to see my hero break, suffer and win was quite moving to me.

The last of us - dont really think i need to explain this one....

Journey - such a unique experience that spoke to me on so many levels. Such a great experience.

Not crying or nothing like tears but definitely had the feels...

3 year old The Last of Us(Joel carrying Ellie),

1 year old MGS 5 Phantom Pain(Quite Parting) ,

8 years old MGS 4 (Eva's death following some segments of epic bike chase).

I never played 11 year old Shadow of Colossus,,,a shame...but those who tried it to the core were emotionally invested.

I've never cried playing a game and probably never will, videos games could never have that impact on me, maybe because in the back of my mind I'll always think this looks fake and it's just a toy. Who knows maybe with VR and photorealistic graphics I will, but I've cried watching movies; Free willy, saving private ryan and AI comes to mind.

I don't really think any game has made me cry, but Ace Attorney 3 (Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations) moved me in a way few media has managed to do so.