By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - So I'm not having a child..

As someone who recently became a parent, my views are somewhat skewed. I'll just say that you'd be shocked at how instinctual and rapid becoming a parent can be. As soon as you hear your baby cry, hold them for the first time and feed them there's this immediate bond that completely changes how you view the world. If you two decide to go through with it I think you'd be shocked at how you just force yourselves to make things happen. Having a baby also doesn't mean you have to abandon your career, you just need to figure out how to make it work (something that's specific to your situation).

That said, I know I'd be terrified if I was your age and this happened. I had a lot of time to prep to be a parent and was with my wife for nearly 14 years before my son was born so if I was in your position I don't know what I'd do. Just keep what I said in mind.

Around the Network
WC4Life said:

I have 3 children myself and reading your post was...to be honest, it was hard. Your post is definitely written by a person who is not a parent. I don't try or want to judge you since I understand you could never understand the point of view of people who have children. You are clearly confused, both of you, and like someone else already told, you two should chill out and think this over week or two. I also want to clarify my opinions are 100% outside of religions.

This is important decision that cannot be reversed. And no, even if you or the girl deeply regretted abortion in the future, it is still the child who lost the most, not you two.

Never ever think that you could not be a good parent or that girl could not be a good mother. Never.

Never think money would be a problem. There is a solution, you two can make it work.

Never think a child would ruin your life. That is some of the most fucking selfish entitled bullshit I have ever heard.

Thing is, a child changes you as a person. I dare to say, if you someday become a parent and then would read your original post, you simply would not regocnize any of it. A newborn baby's first cry, the cry of life itself, has the power to completely change your understanding, the beliefs, the whole reality you are living. It happened to me, like a newspaper shredded before your eyes, my reality crumpled and I could see and understand something more, something that was always there, the deepest emotions.

Take a breather and think this over.

The thing is you did it with someone you love he obviously doesn't like her. (which doesn't make sense why you would have sex with someone you don't like.)

Baalzamon said:
As somebody slightly against abortion (depending on the situations), I'm of the mindset you need to live with your "mistakes". I understand it might seem like it will ruin the rest of your life right now, but in 5 years, you might be saying that keeping it was the best decision you ever made.

Most of the time people do say keeping it was the best decision ever. But sometimes everyone continues to regret it and the kid has a shit life. But I am also generally opposed to abortion, so my first reaction is always to keep the kid. Hell put him/her up for adoption. The decision is not a binary one of abort or be lumbered with an unwanted burden the rest of your life that turns your life to shit.  I think if the foetus was able to contribute to the conversation it would most likely say I'd rather you gave me to someone who wants to have a family than to flush me down the sewer pipes.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

solidpumar said:
Every girl should do an abortion at least once in their life. Is the right thing to do. Abortion is good for humanity.

What the fuck dude. Are you 13?

I hope the OP learned to keep his penis out of vagina's he doens't want to stick with in the future. It's the least you can do for a certain someone...

That's all i'm gonna say in this thread. /out

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Around the Network
Stefan.De.Machtige said:
I hope the OP learned to keep his penis out of vagina's he doens't want to stick with in the future. It's the least you can do for a certain someone...

We both don't want to 'stick with' in future. 

We were protected, she forgot her pill, it happens.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

ArchangelMadzz said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:

It doesn't happen that often. You clearly weren't thinking and you should have used double protection.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

ohmylanta1003 said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

It doesn't happen that often. You clearly weren't thinking and you should have used double protection.

Exactly, it doesn't happen that often.

I was in a relationship with a girl for 6 months earlier this year and we used the pill and there wasn't a scare.
The pill didn't fail, she failed to remember to take it, obviously that will never happen again as said earlier in this thread, 'I'm on the pill' isn't good enough.

But thanks for the information that I already know.

Another major update:

Through circumstances that I wont repeat for privacy (ironic seeing this thread exists) and just because even if I explained I wouldn't be believed and it would be considered a troll.

It seems as though it is rather unlikely that the child will be carried to term and will know by Wednesday.

A child is a blessing my friend.