By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Bethesda: Fallout 4/Skyrim PS4 Mods On Hold

onionberry said:
DragonRouge said:

^^This.

As a side note, modding is the only interesting use I could find for PS4Pro and Scorpio, with the extra juice they could even run some graphical mods. 

mods are very cool and xbox has that feature, a console.

In a limited way compared to PC. If you're really into mods, a console is a poor platform choice. 

Around the Network
DragonRouge said:
onionberry said:

mods are very cool and xbox has that feature, a console.

In a limited way compared to PC. If you're really into mods, a console is a poor platform choice. 

i know it is but if the stuff is free hey why not. sony and bethesda should kiss each other

onionberry said:
DragonRouge said:

i know it is but if the stuff is free hey wait no. sony and Bethesda should kiss each other

Because there's terrible quality control.  One reported glitch on the xbox is the game taking 2 hours to save and your console can't be turned off during it or you risk corruption. No thanks.  If I want mods I'll play on pc.  If they can provide limited mods with good quality control then great,  go for it! 

Kerotan said:
onionberry said:

i know it is but if the stuff is free hey wait no. sony and Bethesda should kiss each other

If I want mods I'll play on pc.  If they can provide limited mods with good quality control then great,  go for it! 

you keep saying this quality control thing but so far I don't see anything wrong, if this feature was on the ps4 version you would not be saying this. "if I want mods i'll play on pc" pc? pc is an open platform and that means 0 quality control, something that you want and is not part of the modding comunity because on pc and xbox one there are shitty mods and fantastic mods, the mods have a rating system so there's that too. At the end of the day if this will be the case, then bethesda games are going to be better on xbox one and that's a shame because ps4 has the bigger user base. I don't know how people defend the fact of not having a feature.

BraLoD said:

The problem is the very concept of the questions you are making, because you are adhering an idea that more is better on it, as it's your take on the matter, when more can actually be bad, as it can make the whole get worse, while trying to give this addition, in which case something that was fine (to a degree) start becoming a problem that it wasn't before, even if it was an option, it's existence can and will generate a problem that could be prevented, even if trying to give benefits with it.

As I said, full circles, Wright.

We'll have to agree on disagree on the matter, as most of the time XD

Listen to yourself, BraLoD. You're going the extra mile to justify not having options because you fear that the original product might become worse because of the consumer incompetence when dealing with these options. Like not indifference, but actually saying it IS a bad thing to have more because somehow a complete optional choice can alieante the original product that was fine (to a degree) and suddenly... becomes a problem? To whom? The one that voluntarily and consciously downloaded it?

This is not going full circles or not disagreeing on a matter like most of the time. This is, honestly, a really flawed and skewed thing to say. C'mon, man. You're better than this. If you want to say "I am not going to agree or disagree with this choice until I hear what Sony has to say", fine. But don't do this to yourself.

Around the Network

sony probably wanted to charge for the mods

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

BraLoD said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
sony probably wanted to charge for the mods

Anything to back this up?

nope just my pure speculation :P

cant think of any other reason why Sony wouldnt allow it but Microsoft does

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

BraLoD said:

I'm not going extra mile, kilometer or anything to to justify anything.
I'm pointing things may not be black and white as you are making it seems like, because they usually aren't anyway.

The bold is exactly how I approach you in the first place, don't jump your guns before you know both sides of it.
You started making questions and suppositions, I tried to explain things are not necessarily just how you are looking at them, and that's it.

Full circles, again.

I said that Sony shouldn't interfere in the relationship between the consumer and the game, especially if the game-developer wants to enable the controversial choice in the first place.

You approached me, despite saying that you weren't jumping to any boat before knowing more data, proposing a possible scenario in its regards which I said didn't justify it in the slightless.

You keep saying full circles but every post has been a different affair altogether. You can't close a circle with a different set of events, except if you are playing Siren Blood Curse.

BraLoD said:

It keeps coming back to me having to try to explain the same thing I've been doing from the very beginning, that's how it's cycling.

Anyway... I'll be dropping it, I already tried with the "let's agree to disagree" actually, sorry Wright, it's going and will go nowhere.

I can only hope you're trying to make a good call here, despite how flawed you've presented it to me.

I love how some months ago mods on consoles were the best thing ever and PCs were finally doomed. And now, Sony is right for banning mods on their consoles because mods are not for consoles after all, even though they work fine on Xbox One. I love arrogant Sony (E3 2006 was the best), just like I love arrogant Microsoft (I miss E3 2013), they really provide the best entertainment when their bombs explode and the cat-fights are the reason consoles need to keep existing forever. As for Sony, they don't want EA Access, they can't allow cross-platform multiplayer, they don't need UHD Blu-Ray, they don't care about mods. Yeah, there's a big one coming.

On the other hand, I feel sorry for Bethesda. Yes, their games need more quality control, but they seem pissed, like they worked very hard on that for months and just had to give up. Hopefully they can keep improving mods on Xbox One, because that's actually a good idea, it just needs more polishing. And maybe Sony will need to accept it in the future and they can go back working together on that.