By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Bethesda: Fallout 4/Skyrim PS4 Mods On Hold

GribbleGrunger said:
The PS4 is around 42m - 43m now and the XB1 is around 21m so IF said mods DID cause a problem for those who use it, which console will get reported on the most? Then people will be writing articles about how Skyrim crashes 'more' on the PS4 with some articles not even mentioning it was the mod that cause the crash.

This might be an unpopular decision but it's the right decision for the market leader.

So why didn't Sony take NMS out of the PlayStation store when people were complaining that it was crashing. They could have taken it out and put it bacl when it was fixed. A game they funded had complaints of crashing and they didnt ban it and now a third party game might have the problem and its banned. 

Around the Network
BraLoD said:

For the last time:

Things aren't only how you think they are, so wait until you know both sides of it before jumping your gun.

No matter how things are on either side, Sony shouldn't interfere with the relationship between the consumer and the game. It's a shouldn't. They're actually doing it, I'm just saying they shouldn't. Unless you can prove to me that Shu Yoshida's best friend is going to die if he allows mods, there's simply no response and no realistic scenario on which Sony, again, should interfere in the previous established panorama. I'm fully aware possibilities exists.

Kerotan said:
onionberry said:

i know it is but if the stuff is free hey wait no. sony and Bethesda should kiss each other

Because there's terrible quality control.  One reported glitch on the xbox is the game taking 2 hours to save and your console can't be turned off during it or you risk corruption. No thanks.  If I want mods I'll play on pc.  If they can provide limited mods with good quality control then great,  go for it! 

The volume of BS you are repeating in this thread cód fertlize a futbol Field for a year.

May be is this forum that is missing mods.

Kerotan said:
Sony do allow mods. It's just they've set standards to prevent memory loss so the game doesn't run like shit. Also something to do with audio.

Bethesda either don't care enough or are too stubborn to follow these standards. This is on them not Sony who have every right to expect some level of quality control.

Why not just allow users to decide for themselves whether to implement mods they wish to implement?

This upsets me because I really do like the idea of mods...but to be honest I never play a game with mods. Despite owning hundreds of Steam games, the only one I've ever tried with mods is Skyrim and I got bored of that after a couple hours.

To me, Mods feel like cheat codesand serve only to break the game's balance as intended.

Sure, there are mods that don't do that, but I rarely find them, and I don't have a rig powerful enough to play them, so meh.

I'm real sorry for the loss, but I can't be personally effected by it.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network

I think Sony is afraid that mods will allow another hack again.

If mods are important, the X1 sales will eclipse those of the PS4.

I can't believe there are some defending Sony about this. Some even went so far as bringing up the "PS4 outsold X1" again which has absolutely NOTHING to do with this. Jesus Sony is recently stumbling on things and people act like it's nothing to worry about which is false.

Proud to be a Californian.

onionberry said:
Kerotan said:

If I want mods I'll play on pc.  If they can provide limited mods with good quality control then great,  go for it! 

you keep saying this quality control thing but so far I don't see anything wrong, if this feature was on the ps4 version you would not be saying this. "if I want mods i'll play on pc" pc? pc is an open platform and that means 0 quality control, something that you want and is not part of the modding comunity because on pc and xbox one there are shitty mods and fantastic mods, the mods have a rating system so there's that too. At the end of the day if this will be the case, then bethesda games are going to be better on xbox one and that's a shame because ps4 has the bigger user base. I don't know how people defend the fact of not having a feature.

I don't own the game so it doesn't matter.  But if I did and the mods started fucking up the game like that 2 hour save glitch I'd be pissed. It's a joke they've no quality control. 

Kerotan said:
onionberry said:

you keep saying this quality control thing but so far I don't see anything wrong, if this feature was on the ps4 version you would not be saying this. "if I want mods i'll play on pc" pc? pc is an open platform and that means 0 quality control, something that you want and is not part of the modding comunity because on pc and xbox one there are shitty mods and fantastic mods, the mods have a rating system so there's that too. At the end of the day if this will be the case, then bethesda games are going to be better on xbox one and that's a shame because ps4 has the bigger user base. I don't know how people defend the fact of not having a feature.

I don't own the game so it doesn't matter.  But if I did and the mods started fucking up the game like that 2 hour save glitch I'd be pissed. It's a joke they've no quality control. 

yeah there are a lot of shitty mods out there