By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Bethesda: Fallout 4/Skyrim PS4 Mods On Hold

FloatingWaffles said:
Kerotan said:

Pride vs ensuring quality control on their platform.  It's called standards.  I'm shocked Microsoft doesn't require it. Obviously looking like the good guy was more important to them. 

Are you really trying to spin Microsoft supporting mods on their console and Sony not as somehow a negative on Microsoft and a positive on Sony? More options are never a bad thing.

Look the thread he made about phil spencer lol more biased person I know

User was warned for this post ~ CGI

Around the Network

one of many dick moves by Sony concerning Fallout 4 Mods.

They only got a 900MB limit, while MS granted them 2GB.

"This is on them not Sony who have every right to expect some level of quality control. "
Yeah right and in one of the next posts you quoted:
"Sound files are currently not supported. PS4 sound format is a proprietary format. We are working with Sony on sound file processing support in a future update."
So it IS on Sony that there are quality issues.

There doesn't need to be quality control. Bethesda is already actively making sure that there aren't nude mods up for download. The modded save files are completely seperated from the non-modded saves.
As a user, don't download what's been shitty rated. Even if you do, just deinstall the mod again. Problem solved.

onionberry said:
Kerotan said:

Pride vs ensuring quality control on their platform.  It's called standards.  I'm shocked Microsoft doesn't require it. Obviously looking like the good guy was more important to them. 

Are mods damaging xbox one consoles? what is this quality you're talking about cause I've not seen any news saying that mods are damaging the performance of the xbox one.

No they cause the game to run like shit.  not all of them mind you but a lot of them do.  Sony are right to expect quality control.  

Good thing I didn't buy a PS4 to use mods of a crappy game and instead bought a PS4 to play great exclusive games that are better designed than Fallout 4. Outside of the PC crowd nobody even knows what a mod is or cares so this is irrelevant. Lol@ people acting as if this is some major deal.

Kerotan said:
onionberry said:

Are mods damaging xbox one consoles? what is this quality you're talking about cause I've not seen any news saying that mods are damaging the performance of the xbox one.

No they cause the game to run like shit.  not all of them mind you but a lot of them do.  Sony are right to expect quality control.  

well yeah but I'm talking about fallout 4, I think that's the only game with mods I'm not sure cause I don't follow xbox news. I think Sony and Bethesda should make it work, it's a nice feature and adds tons of fun, plus skyrim is coming soon.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
onionberry said:

I wish more companies cared about QA because FO4 is a mess of a game already without mods.

This sucks but I'm sure it was because Sony wanted to protect their system and Bethesda didn't want to deliver or the request wasn't feasible. I would imagine allowing mods would be a can of worms and the costs to allow for it safely would be extensive. It most definitely isn't an easy on off switch. It's really too bad the original PS3 was not adopted early on. The other OS and open potential would have paved the way for things like this.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

I'm looking forward to the remastered edition of Skyrim, but mods are a minor issue to me. With that being said, I don't see Sony having a valid reason to prevent mods from happening. No excuse.

onionberry said:
Kerotan said:

well yeah but I'm talking about fallout 4, I think that's the only game with mods I'm not sure cause I don't follow xbox news. I think Sony and Bethesda should make it work, it's a nice feature and adds tons of fun, plus skyrim is coming soon.

Yeah they should make it work.  

Other games do have similar things though.  Like LBP and pes customisable kits.  If these user created things didn't work and caused the game to work like shit Sony wouldn't allow them.  

Bethesda need to understand.  There're on the ps4. Sony want mods that work properly with their system.  Not a free for all shit storm. If they don't want to play by the rules it's on them. 

I hate that kind of attitude, pissing on their customers.