By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - August 2016 NPD Thread! Hardware and software estimates up!

vivster said:
xl-klaudkil said:

Nope.

Why not? If people are holding out for PSVR and Pro it should be the worst the month before release.

Well you have been a very active member of a website solely dedicated to sales talk for a few years now, so you should know better by now why Xbox One will absolutely not sell more than the PS4 in the United States. But just in case you weren't aware, there is a PS4 slim releasing in a week, the PS4 has always been vastly more popular than the Xbox One in literally every territory that isn't Brazil, and we are approaching a 2 million lead in the United States for the PS4. Why, when it appears that Xbox One S has underperformed in its launch month, selling less than 300k and perhaps selling less than 250k, would the Xbox One then go on to sell more in the United States in September in the, again, vastly more popular PS4 slim's launch month?

Around the Network

Microsoft statement:

“Thanks to our fans and their excitement for new Xbox One games and the recently launched Xbox One S — which is the only console available this holiday with built-in UHD 4K Blu-ray, 4K video streaming, and HDR for video and gaming — Xbox One was the best-selling console in the U.S. in August, according to NPD Group. In addition, we continue to see strong engagement on Xbox Live — the fastest, most reliable gaming network — with total global gaming hours on Xbox One consoles increasing 42 percent year-over-year. We’ve also received an incredible response to Xbox Design Lab, which saw millions of visits to the site and hundreds of thousands of designs created by fans. We’re excited to launch Clubs and Looking for Group on Xbox Live broadly this holiday alongside some of our biggest titles for the year, including ReCore, Forza Horizon 3, Gears of War 4 and Dead Rising 4.”

http://venturebeat.com/2016/09/08/xbox-one-s-outsold-playstation-4-again-in-august/

thismeintiel said:
Hardcore_gamer said:

No he's not he is always against Xbox 

What does that have to do with his numbers being right?

@ poklane

When Ethomaz was on here, I don't believe he had access to any numbers.  Not sure if he has access now or not.  May just be a guess of his.

It's a guess. 

He doesn't know. 

ZhugeEX said:
thismeintiel said:

@ poklane

When Ethomaz was on here, I don't believe he had access to any numbers.  Not sure if he has access now or not.  May just be a guess of his.

It's a guess. 

He doesn't know. 

Thanks for the confirmation!

BraLoD said:
bluedawgs said:

Well you have been a very active member of a website solely dedicated to sales talk for a few years now, so you should know better by now why Xbox One will absolutely not sell more than the PS4 in the United States. But just in case you weren't aware, there is a PS4 slim releasing in a week, the PS4 has always been vastly more popular than the Xbox One in literally every territory that isn't Brazil, and we are approaching a 2 million lead in the United States for the PS4. Why, when it appears that Xbox One S has underperformed in its launch month, selling less than 300k and perhaps selling less than 250k, would the Xbox One then go on to sell more in the United States in September in the, again, vastly more popular PS4 slim's launch month?

It's more popular here just as well.

i put that in just in case i was wrong about the "literally every territory" line, but i actually was under the impression that teh xbox one sold more there

Around the Network

hello my brothers and sisters
any number got leaked yet

princevenom said:
hello my brothers and sisters
any number got leaked yet

Not any specifics, but it looks like XB1 is somewhere between 202k and 300k.

ZhugeEX said:
thismeintiel said:

@ poklane

It's a guess. 

He doesn't know. 

Do you happen to know any data for Aug NPD that can be shared?

jason1637 said:
ZhugeEX said:

It's a guess. 

He doesn't know. 

Do you happen to know any data for Aug NPD that can be shared?

I don't work for NPD. 

So unfotunately not. 

Woo hoo! Go XBox!