By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - August 2016 NPD Thread! Hardware and software estimates up!

So release of the XboxOne S and only a 114k lead? Not looking too good going into the holidays.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
So release of the XboxOne S and only a 114k lead? Not looking too good going into the holidays.

Only?

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Lawlight said:

Maybe I've been gone for too long but that seems like a huge lead..

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

Was there any big release in the last August ? 2015's August

Swordmasterman said:
Was there any big release in the last August ? 2015's August

It might have been Madden

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

Around the Network
poklane said:
Aqua is on Twitter now apparently https://twitter.com/AstronautClaire
XB1 = 274.800
PS4 = 160.000
Wii U = 22.800
No Man's Sky = 508.000 (retail)
Madden NFL 17 = 933.000 (of which 16.000 with bundles, retail)
Deus Ex = 120.000
50k-100k = Overwatch, CoD (minus the bundles), NBA 2K16, FIFA 16, MLB The Show 16 (just below)
Black Ops 3 = 197k with bundles, 61k without bundles
No Nintendo game hit 50k besides Pokemon
Around 100K for Pokemon Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby

Lol, is Deus Ex = 120.000 a flop ?

kinisking said:
Lawlight said:

Not when you consider the low PS4 sales and with how much fanfare the XBoxOneSlim launched with.

kinisking said:
Lawlight said:

The lead is good.  However, when looking at the total consoles sold, it's a little disappointing.  XBO had preorders for a new Slim model and they were clearing out old stock at discounted prices.  Most people were predicting 300K+, with some at 350K-400K.  Interestingly, I was spot on with my 275K prediction.  But yea, that's lower than most predicted. 

I suppose in the end it doesn't really matter.  In Nov, the PS4 is going to wipe away any gains the XBO made this year.

If that post on aqua's wall was real, how long does she expect to get away with posting numbers on Twitter? Unless NPD saw it as aiding their "competition."

Good to see we got leaks. 100K+ is a Solid lead for Xbox.