By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Internet Played Themselves (PS4 Pro)

What are your thoughts on the Pro?

Shit 27 16.27%

Will never buy 34 20.48%

Day one buy 39 23.49%

Looks real good 66 39.76%

Total:166
Kerotan said:
Captain_Yuri said:
Idk if it really suffers from the over-hype thing... What most people have an issue with is the lack of a 4k Bluray functionality, not really anything else imo. And that part is justified at least for me.

The funny thing is the 4k player is irrelevant for most buyers. Like 90% wouldn't use it.  Only 10% or less actually care but it's an easy target to take a dig at Sony and so the meltdown brigade happily jump on it. 

Yea the people it doesn't affect shouldn't be whining cause its not a selling feature for them. For me it is as I explained in another post. But oh well, for me it isn't ever a matter of ps4 neo vs xbox one. For me its either the ps4 neo or the ps4 slim/og. So its not like Sony will ever lose a sale over MS, just would have prefered a box that does everything like how the ps3 did when Blurays were such a new thing.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

The price and the power of it are the selling points.
Those they hit well enough.

Design? I think it looks better than the slim, kinda reminds me abit of the PS2.
They added back that led-light strip, which will light up between the spaces of the "sandwhich" layers :p

PS2 had those rills & layers too:

About the PS4 Slim.... that 299$ price point through me abit... I was really hopeing they would have done 249$.

On the other hand 399$ for the Pro, was a jaw drop moment.

I wasnt expecting anything under 449$ for the PS4neo.

Amazing Prices for that hardware! And... FOR GAMING!!

In Sony We Trust!

MS will likely use the lack of a 4K Bluray player as a sales argument, claiming Xbox One S is the only true 4K console on the market. So I think this was a missed opportunity by Sony. The thing wasn't overhyped, but it did underdeliver somewhat.

Happens every single time for these type of events and will continue to do so until the end of time, OP.

Around the Network
Puppyroach said:
MS will likely use the lack of a 4K Bluray player as a sales argument, claiming Xbox One S is the only true 4K console on the market. So I think this was a missed opportunity by Sony. The thing wasn't overhyped, but it did underdeliver somewhat.

Funny how the roles reversed from last gen.  

I believe the xbox 360 benefited greatly from having no blu ray player last gen as it could be priced much lower.  

And I believe Sony will benefit from this decision as it keeps the ps4 pro @399. Which puts it firmly within mass market consumer range. 

Puppyroach said:

Microsoft has tried many, many marketing tactics to gain an upperhand in the sales department, and not only did nothing work, but things have only gotten better for sony, and worse for microsoft. With that said, you need to explain how the xbox one s provides "true 4k", because while the ps4 pro doesn't have a 4k blu ray drive and the xbox one s does, the console can't play games in 4k like the ps4 pro can. so, it seems both consoles provide something different when it comes to 4k, the pro does gaming in 4k, while the xbox one s has a 4k blu ray drive for movies

bluedawgs said:

Since the concept of the pro was leaked before E3, nearly three months ago at this point, and since Sony was dead set on revealing this no earlier than september, the internet has had three months to get hyped. Everyone using their imagination to try and figure out what the neo was, with Sony saying nothing the entire time. Tragic overhype is what occured, not only for the pro itself, but for the damn Playstation Meeting keynote itself. People were expecting new game announcements, old games being upgraded, half life 3, and whatever else as if it was an E3 conference. Seriously, big time overhype. 

The console was hyped up to be a complete overhaul of the PS4, and that's just not what it was supposed to be. A PS4 is a PS4, so the pro wasn't going to look different, why? Because it wouldn't be PS4, it would be a PS5. It wasn't going to have a different shape, or be all chromed out or whatever, just a better PS4. After seeing what Horizon and Spiderman and Mass Effect looked like, I'm fucking hyped

Edit: Forgot to mention the lack of a 4k blu ray player, really dumb

It really isn't. It's a very smart move.

The PS5 Exists. 

These are the same specs that leaked months ago. People were disappointed with them then, before all the hype. Makes sense they'd still feel it's a weak upgrade.

Can't believe they are not putting in UHD disc support, lulz.

And this is a reason why speculation does not play always in favor of the products...

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile