By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4: New Horizon - Zero Dawn Footage

This game keeps on impressing me:

View on YouTube

View on YouTube

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

I just cant shake the feeling that theres not much to this game. It seems like Monster Hunter. Just kill creatures to upgrade your stuff. Rinse and repeat.

KLXVER said:
I just cant shake the feeling that theres not much to this game. It seems like Monster Hunter. Just kill creatures to upgrade your stuff. Rinse and repeat.

there is an entire story. also side quests. also cities to explore. plus you got dailogue options to understand more about the story if you chose. 

KLXVER said:

Where are you getting that from? It's an open world RPG along the lines of The Witcher 3. Have you been following the game?

The PS5 Exists. 

bananaking21 said:
KLXVER said:

there is an entire story. also side quests. also cities to explore. plus you got dailogue options to understand more about the story if you chose. 

Pretty much every game has a story. Are the sidequests "kill different monsters"? I saw one of the dialouge things, it didnt seem very relevant to anything.

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
KLXVER said:

Where are you getting that from? It's an open world RPG along the lines of The Witcher 3. Have you been following the game?

Ive seen videos being shown here mostly. Its always her fighting monsters. Please show me one where she goes exploring.

KLXVER said:

Ive seen videos being shown here mostly. Its always her fighting monsters. Please show me one where she goes exploring.

It's an open world RPG. If you want to see her exploring wait for the Youtube let's plays. Until then you'll have to make do with them showing you some of the game mechanics, crafting system and fighting mechanics. Exploring is just a matter of ... er ... well, exploring.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
KLXVER said:

It's an open world RPG. If you want to see her exploring wait for the Youtube let's plays. Until then you'll have to make do with them showing you some of the game mechanics, crafting system and fighting mechanics. Exploring is just a matter of ... er ... well, exploring.

They are the ones selling this as an open world RPG. Why not show us that then? Why are people so quick to believe everything they say without any proof? I just dont get it. Every single video Ive seen, she is just fighting monsters. Ive seen one where she told a guy to go home....and then went to fight monsters.

KLXVER said:

They are the ones selling this as an open world RPG. Why not show us that then? Why are people so quick to believe everything they say without any proof? I just dont get it. Every single video Ive seen, she is just fighting monsters. Ive seen one where she told a guy to go home....and then went to fight monsters.

It's an open world RPG. Have you not seen the environments? If you want to explore then just go and explore. Why would they show her just 'pottering around' and hope that sells the game? They've got one of the most fluid fighting mechanics in any open world game and want to show case it. There's nothing wrong with that and that's what has got people excited for the game. I'm BIG on exploration and I can't wait to explore this world. I'm really confused by your need to see something that's clearly there to see. Again, it's on OPEN world RPG.

The PS5 Exists. 

BraLoD said:
KLXVER said:

The first video, the reveal on E3 2015, starts with the story.
We don't have anything deep on it yet, but you can watch it.

She is from a post apocalipse human tribe living in the world retaken by nature as primitive beings but that have access to high end technology as the machines apparently took over the world.

What she is doing of importance there and why, is still to be discovered.

I know that. She seem to get information from parts of the monsters after she has defeated them or she takes them with her to give to someone. This is a new IP. Its not like Zelda: BOTW where we know what the game is about. Why not show us at least ONE video where she does something else? I mean Im not saying the game cant be mostly about fighting monsters. MH does that and is very popular. I just dont see any indication of exploring in the videos shown.