By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Neo's Launch Date Accidentally Leaked (RUMOUR)

Please launch this year Sony. Do it. I'm ready.

edit: also, there won't necessarily be too much notice about a hardware leak before launch. Pretty sure the x1S got leaked just the same day that it got announced, the situation with Ps4S is highly unusual in that people got the console before there were even really strong rumors suggesting its existence. There's no reason why that couldnt be a unique situation and the Neo is a better kept secret.

Around the Network

It's going to be released in the first week of November

Damn, i have to sleep right now to reach Sept 7th! :O

I highly doubt they'll release it next week.

Come on you are better than this Gribble. It was the date of the event, a click bait article.

Around the Network

I obivously don't believe in this rumour, and like many have said it doesn't even refer to the release of the console but the announcement of its existance.

But it would be so incredible if Sony went on stage and said "available worldwide on October 9th", like only one month after the event.

And then if it was announced as 6 TFLOPS the whole gaming world would go wild.

I doubt it. There's no way they coordinated the production, shipping, and retail chains to have a launch next week. There would have been leaks by now.

Guessing a typo and they meant to talk about the conference "next week" sept 7. Don't know when this was written. Since today is Labor day, i'm guessing it was written last week.

But I'm waiting to hear about the Neo. Depending on what is said, I'll either get it or the Xbox One S. Just recently purchased a Oled 4k tv and need to get a 4k player now. Xbox One S is currently winning for players, though I'm waiting for the $299 version. (there is one that is $299 with a bunch of Halo games. Don't want any Halo games.
But gonna see what this Neo is and see if get that instead.

Don't care about games. I doubt I'll buy even 1 game for either system. It's solely for movies. Sadly I doubt the Neo will support Dolby Vision, since Sony's TV's do not. The Xbox One S does not support Dolby Vision either.

Edit: So if the Neo doesn't release soon, I will be getting the XBox One S. I know Sony is all about VR, but they really could miss some customers due to 4k/HDR adaption. It seems that it is only speeding up. MIcrosoft was wise getting the S out as early as they did. It's the cheapest 4k player on the market right now and could monopolize the home theater crowd due to that. 

As others have said, the chances of it launching next week and not leaking are to hard to believe. However, I would absolutly love for it to be out next week.

One thing people need to take into account with the NEO, is that Sony is not going to market it. Sony is simply going to market the PS4, people will then have to do the research based on product information to whether they want a PS4 2000 or a PS4 Neo.

As I have been saying the Neo is an enthusiast product or premium product. It is not something Sony has expectations to sell in high quantities, it is there for people that want to have the best experience and are willing to pay for it. That means lower sales, but higher profits per unit sold.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Lost in translation me thinks.

Its more likely means will get a date next week, i'm 99% certain that it wont release next week.

Anyone know what time the conference is? I'm from the UK...

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!