By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. September bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

jason1637 said:
RJ_Sizzle said:
Still don't understand why MS doesn't just doesn't offer a bundle that offers ANY $60 or under game free with the purchase of an Xbox One. I think it would save on having to mark down all these useless bundles later. I mean, they could still have the Halo one, but doing one for every single marketing deal and then some doesn't seem to work in their favor as much.

I don't think they can. Any game could mean a game that just came out and you get it with a bundle. I think they need permission from the publishers to do something like this. 

I don't think that's really an issue since it's all on MS's dime anyway. I doubt publishers will care just as long as someone is footing the bill.

Around the Network

So the Minecraft bundle hasn't done a thing I guess

Preston Scott

RJ_Sizzle said:
jason1637 said:

I don't think they can. Any game could mean a game that just came out and you get it with a bundle. I think they need permission from the publishers to do something like this. 

I don't think that's really an issue since it's all on MS's dime anyway. I doubt publishers will care just as long as someone is footing the bill.

But if a publisher like Activision has the COD deal with Sony and the bundles Sony won't be happy with Activision allowing people to get COD if they buy an Xbox one. It might even be against their contract or something. 

DaveTheMinion13 said:
So the Minecraft bundle hasn't done a thing I guess

It might do some decent numbers when the holidays come around.

barneystinson69 said:
Swordmasterman said:

At this rate, next year, they will have 20+ Bundles.

Was really stupid of Microsoft to have the same strategy as last year (that didn't work). The Halo Bundle will be the one that sell very well, and the rest will do piss poor. 

Gears 4 and battlefield bundles will also do great although I don't understand why they've gone for 3 battlefield bundles.

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
RJ_Sizzle said:

But if a publisher like Activision has the COD deal with Sony and the bundles Sony won't be happy with Activision allowing people to get COD if they buy an Xbox one. It might even be against their contract or something. 

Jason's right. Contracts will be in place, MS and Sony will have deals to get discounted prices and there's no way MS or Sony would pay the going rate for a game just to bundle it.

3 hours since last update:

HARDWARE
#22 PS4 Black Ops III Bundle (same)
#23 PS4 Pro (same)*
#36 XB1s-500gb Halo Bundle (down 2)
#52 PS4s UC4 Bundle (down 1)
#68 PS4 UC4 Bundle (up 1)
#96 XB1s-2tb (re-entry)

Does not affect this month (*)

SOFTWARE (pre-orders only)
#06 3DS Pokemon Sun (up 1)
#09 3DS Pokemon Moon (down 3)
#10 XB1 FH3 (up 1)
#19 XB1 FH3 Ultimate Edition (down 1)

PS4: 5 SKUs, 5 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10
XB1: 12 SKUs, 2 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10

The PS5 Exists. 

SWORDF1SH said:
jason1637 said:

Jason's right. Contracts will be in place, MS and Sony will have deals to get discounted prices and there's no way MS or Sony would pay the going rate for a game just to bundle it.

But MS does, regularly. When Sony has a marketing deal on a big game, MS will counter by having a free game deal with the purchase of their system to counter it. Without directly implying that you can have that game for free on Xbox One... more or less. MS foots the bill for games purchased with XB1 in that period. It skirts the marketing deals in place. Even Sony did it toward MS once with a Madden deal at GS.

MS already gives away the house when it comes to Xbox One, what's a $60 dollar game of choice going to set them back?

RJ_Sizzle said:
SWORDF1SH said:

But MS does, regularly. When Sony has a marketing deal on a big game, MS will counter by having a free game deal with the purchase of their system to counter it. Without directly implying that you can have that game for free on Xbox One... more or less. MS foots the bill for games purchased with XB1 in that period. It skirts the marketing deals in place. Even Sony did it toward MS once with a Madden deal at GS.

MS already gives away the house when it comes to Xbox One, what's a $60 dollar game of choice going to set them back?

Are those retailer deals or MS deals?

SWORDF1SH said:
RJ_Sizzle said:

Are those retailer deals or MS deals?

Those are MS sponsored deals. Retailers wouldn't all unite at once to give away free Xbox games. Chances are, most of the deals you've been seeing like that are vendor sponsored anyway. Retailers don't get much back from selling games, especially hardware. Retailers usually discount games that don't move, not give them away. They'd eat up too much of the cost. Or, worst case scenario, return them to the vendor.