Half Life 115 31.42%

Unreal Tournament 20 5.46%

Wolfenstein 3D 7 1.91%

Other 38 10.38%

Total:366

GoldenEye for me. Definetely one of RARE's best games

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

Half Life. Actually, I still find it to be best FPS ever made (as much as I have a soft spot for FarCry 1 and Battlefield 1942).

I played Quake, Wolfy, Unreal and Half Life, but Goldeneye was a game changer. It was the first fps I played that had a really good sp with a good story, had objectives beyond just killing things and opening doors which are locked, had levels which could be beaten in different ways, tons of unlockables, gadgets, weapons, an amazing mp that can be played in multiple ways.

I don't think there has been an fps like it since that has matched it terms on content and quality since then.

Half-Life.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Half Life, Doom and Quake own 90s FPS for me. Tried Goldeneye but the gameplay was pretty terrible, PC FPS was too much ahead of console counterpart at that time,the gap narrowed a little after Halo.

Around the Network

Never played HL, so I have to go with Goldeneye

Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II. That game was by far the most unique and most innovative of the bunch. The mods and use created content pushed it even further. It's hard to believe that there once a cutting edge DBZ total conversion mod. I have hours and hours and hours logged with that sucker back in grade 4 and 5 :3

The game play, the weapons, the level design, the multiplayer, the community. Dark Forces II is a masterpiece :)

Game_God said:
V-r0cK said:
Counter-Strike, then Half-Life.

I second this! #1 CS, #2 Half Life, #3 Goldeneye.

I would put TF 2 at #4.

For me, it was between Doom and GoldenEye. I played A LOT of Doom. PC, Snes, PS1, N64. The PS1 and N64 versions were kind of special to me, even though the game was pretty old by then, with the N64 version being a entirely new Doom, developed by Midway. After that mini-speech, I voted for GoldenEye. Honorable mention to Quake II.

-edit. I played Half Life on the PS2, but couldn't get into it. Was the PS2 version a bad port, or am I a weirdo?

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Half Life wasn't just a great FPS, it really showed a style of story telling mixed with game play had not experienced before. Honestly even if you said all time Half Life 1 or 2 would likely be my choice.