By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Fatmisu/Dengeki - August 22nd - 28th 2016

Mike_L said:

Agree. The upcoming games cater to an audience that already own a Vita. Unless a new IP (or smaller game) surprises and as you say revitalizes the system, I don't think any game would be able to move a lot of hardware. Except of course if Vita got a mainline entry in Monster Hunter, Dragon Quest or Yo-kai Watch as the far majority of those audiences still haven't bougth a Vita. But with Nintendo's lock on these 3 this gen, that probably won't happen.

Though looking at the Japanese top 10 best selling PSP games, there are other system selling games still lacking from Vita's library.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a new Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts game for Vita though.

TGS will be interesting in that it'll show us what Sony intends to do with their handheld division. A no show is also useful information

Metal Gear is a dream. lol With Konami taking out Kojima-san.
Vita have World of Final fantasy (Could sell well and could be the new KH ) and DQB. 
I agree with monster hunter but its kinda too late for that but you never know. TGS is around the corner. 
The Problem with it is the 3DS is having the big game and having some of the big game is mulit-plat with the PS4 or the PS3.

Around the Network
NoCtiS_NoX said:
Mike_L said:

Agree. The upcoming games cater to an audience that already own a Vita. Unless a new IP (or smaller game) surprises and as you say revitalizes the system, I don't think any game would be able to move a lot of hardware. Except of course if Vita got a mainline entry in Monster Hunter, Dragon Quest or Yo-kai Watch as the far majority of those audiences still haven't bougth a Vita. But with Nintendo's lock on these 3 this gen, that probably won't happen.

Though looking at the Japanese top 10 best selling PSP games, there are other system selling games still lacking from Vita's library.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a new Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts game for Vita though.

TGS will be interesting in that it'll show us what Sony intends to do with their handheld division. A no show is also useful information

Vita have World of Final fantasy (Could sell well and could be the new KH ) and DQB. 
I agree with monster hunter but its kinda too late for that but you never know. TGS is around the corner. 
The Problem with it is the 3DS is having the big game and having some of the big game is mulit-plat with the PS4 or the PS3.

Bold: As you say, one of Vita's problems is that it is sharing its biggest games with PS3/PS4 and I doubt anything but exclusives (and preferable mainline games) would move a lot of hardware at this point.

But you're right. Even though it's not exclusive to Vita World of Final Fantasy does have potential.

Mike_L said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:

Bold: As you say, Vita's problem is that it is sharing its biggest games with PS3/PS4 and I doubt anything but exclusives (and preferable mainline games) would move a lot of hardware at this point.

But you're right. Even though it's not exclusive to Vita World of Final Fantasy does have potential.

Thats the thing, the vita's greatest strenght is also vita's greatest downfall I feel. It shares way too many games with console more people have and the exclusive list gets thinner and thinner, namely recently.  

holy.. what happened to the ps4 D:

Acevil said:
Mike_L said:

Bold: As you say, one of Vita's problems is that it is sharing its biggest games with PS3/PS4 and I doubt anything but exclusives (and preferable mainline games) would move a lot of hardware at this point.

Thats the thing, the vita's greatest strenght is also vita's greatest downfall I feel. It shares way too many games with console more people have and the exclusive list gets thinner and thinner, namely recently.  

Yeah. I agree.

Another problem is of course its lack of future system sellers (exclusive or not) that would cater to people that still haven't bought a Vita. A mainline Monster Hunter, Dragon Quest, Yo-kai Watch or Metal Gear Solid would fill this role but that's most likely not going to happen at this point.

Vita still receives some interesting games but those aren't expanding its audience.

Around the Network
Acevil said:
Oh for those wondering:

[WII] Metroid: Other M (Nintendo) - 45.398 / NEW
[WII] Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (Nintendo) - 32,388 / NEW
[NDS] Metroid Prime hunters (Nintendo) - 32467 / New

Metroid Federation force is almost 1/10th of what Metroid normally is in Japan.

Its probably going to be something simular in the US or EU.

People that where expecting Federation Force to flop where probably correct.

leyendax69 said:

The "slim" is comeing soon, so they probably cut back on production and stock of older models.

That and everyone knows its about to get a huge price cut, and a new model or two, so they re saveing their $ instead.

JRPGfan said:
leyendax69 said:

The "slim" is comeing soon, so they probably cut back on production and stock of older models.

That and everyone knows its about to get a huge price cut, and a new model or two, so they re saveing their $ instead.

Ah I see, thanks. Haven't been following gaming news for a while and ps4 used to be above 20k almost all weeks so I was kinda surprised

Dengeki up in 2nd post.  Here's Media Create back 30:

twenty one 3DS Metroid Prime federation Force Nintendo
twenty two Vita Meiji east 亰恋 Gaya Full Moon (including Limited Edition) MAGES.
twenty three Vita Edge-of 逢魔 is time-nuclear Lyot (including Limited Edition) eXtend
twenty four 3DS Tobidase Animal Crossing 
(Happy Price selection)
Nintendo
twenty five 3DS You make a corner Gurashi unevenness Nippon Columbia Co., Ltd.
26 PS4 Grand Theft Auto V (4,990 yen version) Take-Two Interactive Japan
27 Vita Collar × Malice (including Limited Edition) Idea Factory
28 PS4 Ratchet & Clank THE GAME (including Limited Edition) SIE
29 Vita 討鬼 Den 2 (including Limited Edition) Koei Tecmo Games
Thirty Vita Commentary Powerful Pro Baseball 2016 KONAMI
31 3DS 12 years old. ~ Love Diary ~ Happinet
32 3DS End of the Labyrinth V long time myth of the World Tree (including Limited Edition) Atlas
33 Vita Puramai Wars V (including Limited Edition) Enter grams
34 Vita DANA- Ys VIII -Lacrimosa of (including Limited Edition) Japan Falcom
35 PS4 Over Watch Origins Edition square Enix
36 3DS Important friend of the Harvest Moon three-ri Marvelous
37 3DS Taiko Drum Master Dokodon! Mystery Adventures Namco Bandai 
Entertainment
38 Wii U Mario Kart 8 (including Bundle) Nintendo
39 3DS Monster Hunter Cross (including Bundle) Capcom
Forty 3DS Mario Kart 7 Nintendo
41 PS4 討鬼 Den 2 (including Limited Edition) Koei Tecmo Games
42 PS4 Rainbow Six Siege Ubisoft
43 Wii U Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (including Bundle) Nintendo
44 3DS Friend collection new life 
(Happy Price selection)
Nintendo
45 3DS Pokemon X / Y (including Bundle) Pokémon
46 PS4 Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition SCE
47 3DS Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer 
(including Bundle)
Nintendo
48 Wii U Pop Fist POKKEN TOURNAMENT (including Bundle) Pokémon
49 Wii U Super Mario manufacturer (including Bundle) Nintendo
Fifty PS4 DARK SOULS III (Dark Seoul III) From Software

Good second week for BEASTERIA and good first week for king of fighters.

Hardware sales have plummeted. Retailer stock running dry. Great to see. One more low week and we can start the hype!!

Still though, despite the serious stock issues, the PS4 remained the top selling home console. Probably will lose that battle this week though.