By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If You Owned the Pokémon IP...

Follow Pokémon?

Follow Pokémon. 12 100.00%

Total:12

What would have planned for the rest of Gen 7?

After Sun and Moon, I would reinstate the three-game installments with a later release of "Pokémon Star". Star would include a new Legendary based on stars and would reinstate "follow Pokémon".

Then, we would see digital releases of Silver/Gold for Gen 2, Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald and FireRed/LeafGreen for Gen 3, Diamond/Pearl/Platinum and SoulSilver/HeartGold for Gen 4, and Black/Black2/White/White2 for Gen 5. All of these games would be supported by Poké Transfer, and it would allow every access to any and all Pokémon games through their 3DS.

Next, we would see proper re-releases of RBGY. The games would feature modern graphics, as well as full Gen 7 support and follow Pokémon. Pokémon Trainers Red, Blue, Green (Leaf), and Yellow would all be playable characters, but would be dependent on which game you owned (Pokémon Blue owners would play as Blue, Red owners as Red, etc). The game chosen would also choose the starter Pokémon, with Red would have Charmander, Yellow would have Pikachu, etc. We would see some Pokémon being referred to as "Kanto Form", such as Vulpix and Ninetails' Fire-Typing forms.The games would be a fairly large departure from traditional Pokémon, but then again, so are Sun and Moon (and Star).

Then it would be Diamond and Pearl's turns for a makeover, and their makeover would be more traditional than the RBGY 3DS makeovers. "AeonDiamond" and "SpatialPearl" would feature follow Pokémon (are you seeing a pattern?), and full Gen 7 support. I feel changing anymore than that would compromise the whole "traditional makeover" aspect. 

And finally, Pokémon GO. No, I'm not suggesting you bring your GO Pokémon to the main games... I'm suggesting the opposite. Your GO account would link into your NNID, and use of the new "GO Transfer" App, you can copy Pokémon from the Bank over to GO. It's the necessary link to a social phenomenon that would encourage people to buy the full games. 

What would you guys do? 

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
If I owned the Pokemon IP?

Not really sure what I'd do in respect of 3rd versions. They don't really add much to the game. So I think I'd go the sequel route like with gen 5. Maybe add a new town or 2 a new gym and a whole new story, that's more worthwhile than just a regular 3rd version to me.

Then after that it would be time for a Pokemon Yellow remake. It's kind of annoying that it never got a remake while the other gen 1 games did. Besides, I'm a Pikachu fan so...
So yeah, Pokemon Yellow remake, with Pikachu following you and which would also include Johto too.

I'd also change up the Pokemon league in the games. I'd bring it more inline with the anime by actually making it a tournament against a variety of random trainers (including rivals) with rounds and random draws (all scaled to your Pokemon's level of course) and then once you win that tournament you can then go and find/battle the elite 4.

Oh and I'd also re-release every Pokemon game, starting with gen 1 all the way through to the most recent on PS4/Vita/Steam/XOne (hey if I own the IP then that means Nintendo wouldn't own any of it so there would be nothing preventing me from taking it multiplat).

... I don't know how I feel about that last one. 

A big scale console-oriented (Nintendo NX) pokemon game. With 3D graphics, enviroments, more active gameplay (Meaning, not turn-base) and a total of 1000 pokemon. Incluiding more character customization options, better pokemon and item management systems. No Megaevolutions (the concept is completely scratched from the game) online multiplayer support, an actual story and a Stan Lee cameo.

I'd make a proper Pokemon anime.

Jpcc86 said:
A big scale console-oriented (Nintendo NX) pokemon game. With 3D graphics, enviroments, more active gameplay (Meaning, not turn-base) and a total of 1000 pokemon. Incluiding more character customization options, better pokemon and item management systems. No Megaevolutions (the concept is completely scratched from the game) online multiplayer support, an actual story and a Stan Lee cameo.

I gotta say... 

I'm glad you don't own the IP >__>

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Azuren said:

... I don't know how I feel about that last one. 

What's wrong with that one?

If you were the owner of the Pokemon IP (but not Nintendo) then the only thing that matters to you is how well Pokemon games sell, whether Nintendo consoles do well or not is irelevant. You'd be better off maximising your own income than helping out some other company that has nothing to do with you.

So, you got more sales, more money, more platforms and you can release with trophies/achievements (great excuse to replay some of the older games). Probably should have said re-release on mobile too (easy for me to forget about that since I don't use it), since that should do insanely well with all the Pokemon nostalgia and would further interest in new games as well as other media. Would also give a decent platform to launch new Pokemon tv shows aimed at an older audience.

I dunno, it just feels out of place. For the same reasons, I wouldn't put Kratos on Xbox or Master Chief on Nintendo. 

Let Ash win the Pokémon League.

Azuren said:
Jpcc86 said:

I gotta say... 

Oh you'd totally play that im sure. I'd even change the format of the pokemon League to be tournament-like. 

I would release a game for the home console.

Jpcc86 said:
Azuren said:

I gotta say... 

Oh you'd totally play that im sure. I'd even change the format of the pokemon League to be tournament-like. 

Nnnnnnnnope. Mega Evolutions rock, turn-by-turn allows for relaxed play, and being on handheld let's me play it in spurts throughout the day.