By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Foxcom PS4-Neo Leaker's Latest Info (RUMOUR)

Yeah, I know about PS Vue, PS Video, and PS Music. These are all doing a good job at expanding what PlayStation is. In this specific case, I was talking about hardware though. Again, we won't know tell Wednesday for sure, but what I see in this leak is not a premium respectable device, it is actually looks more like a toy than the PS3OG, or the PS4OG.

When Sony talks about expanding the brand, I am expecting them to offer a premium device on the same level as their ES series electronics, along with opening the door to education, editing, diet/health, and other types of software and services. See the link for example of premium Sony hardware;

http://www.sonypremiumhome.com/

When I hear premium from Sony I expect something like the Z9D series Bravia's, the Z Series Xperia's, or the ES Recievers.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network

The ugly gen continues.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

KBG29 said:
Yeah, I know about PS Vue, PS Video, and PS Music. These are all doing a good job at expanding what PlayStation is. In this specific case, I was talking about hardware though. Again, we won't know tell Wednesday for sure, but what I see in this leak is not a premium respectable device, it is actually looks more like a toy than the PS3OG, or the PS4OG.

When Sony talks about expanding the brand, I am expecting them to offer a premium device on the same level as their ES series electronics, along with opening the door to education, editing, diet/health, and other types of software and services. See the link for example of premium Sony hardware;

When I hear premium from Sony I expect something like the Z9D series Bravia's, the Z Series Xperia's, or the ES Recievers.

Yeah, I've got to admit, this does look like a toy:

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
New drawing from the leaker:

You can tell hes putting more effort into drawing them now :P

His first few drawing looking horrible, these you can clearly tell what hes trying to draw.

It looks... OK. Though, it's not like it's competing against a particularly sleek design :D

Around the Network
KBG29 said:

Their premium stuff must make enough money for them to consider spending millions into and making very little or going into loss. 

I suppose they could offset the risk and offer a premium service by allowing you to customise and make your own ps4 where the consumer picks up the tab. 

KBG29 said:

so u want a formula 1 car with climate control 

think-man said:
I don't care about the look, i only care about the specs lol

Same. I think people are asking too much if they demand a console must be visually pleasing and small.

Compared with the PC world I think the console guys sometimes are picky about the wrong stuff.

I wouldn't mind a huge PS4 Neo twize the size of a regulare PS4 if it's as powerful as my PC.

4Tflops, now that's almost as fast as a 970/290 isn't it?!

Intrinsic said:
KBG29 said:

so u want a formula 1 car with climate control 

I just want something in line with the rest of Sony's Premium Products. PlayStation has been the cash cow at Sony for 2 decades, with a minor issue from 2006 - 2009. PlayStation as a brand, and PlayStation consumers are due a flagship product. Perhapps I was expecting to much to soon, as Sony is just turning the corner from PlayStation being a toy to a serious electronic device. Hopefully if Neo is just this minor improvement it still does well and shows Sony there is demand for higher end PlayStation products. Maybe then we can get some truly rediculous PlayStation in the future that is on par with the new Z9D Bravia's and ZA5000ES A/V Reciver.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Slimebeast said:
think-man said:
I don't care about the look, i only care about the specs lol

Same. I think people are asking too much if they demand a console must be visually pleasing and small.

Compared with the PC world I think the console guys sometimes are picky about the wrong stuff.

I wouldn't mind a huge PS4 Neo twize the size of a regulare PS4 if it's as powerful as my PC.

4Tflops, now that's almost as fast as a 970/290 isn't it?!

I think Sony can make a PlayStation that is visually pleasing, and extreamly powerful. They make rediculous, beautiful, and unesscicary devices in every other field. 

Just as you are saying, I don't care how big it is. I would love a PlayStation the size of my receiver if it had top of the line APU, an over abundence of RAM, a 3.5in HDD slot, and ran whisper quite. If Sony had a $1,500.00 or $2000.00 flagship PlayStation it would find an audeince, just like $1,000.00 - $5,000.00 Receivers and UHD players find their place in a market that also has $100 options. 

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL