By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No Man's Sky refunds

Will you be asking Sony / Steam for a refund?

Yes 99 45.62%

No 75 34.56%

I'll wait and see how things progress 43 19.82%

Total:217

What if you haven't had crashes?  I would assume they know if the game really crashed for you or didn't, at least on ps4, or is that not trackable?

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

Around the Network

I think this is more about false advertising than crashes. The last thing Sony or HG want is a law suit that will cost them more than refunds, especially if the refunds only give you psn credit, meaning Sony will get to recoup some of the money.

Fei-Hung said:
I think this is more about false advertising than crashes. The last thing Sony or HG want is a law suit that will cost them more than refunds, especially if the refunds only give you psn credit, meaning Sony will get to recoup some of the money.

Do you know if they ask questions about that?  Besides MP I wouldn't have a clue what was falsely advertised.  Even that I haven't tested myself because it's so large.

I think that's HG's biggest problem.  Lack of communication which they're probably doing on purpose because of the way they communcated before launch but it's still a mistake.

Marco....

I'm gonna buy it to make Sean smile just to immediately cash in my refund after.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Fei-Hung said:

I think Steam and Sony being more open to refunds is because of the way the game ran. This is something they can't deny, game launched in a bad state.

Around the Network

I had to take store credit because I lost the receipt. Box was unopened.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Teeqoz said:
Sony? Didn't know you could get refunds on PSN. :-O

You cant. This is an exception due to it crashing a lot.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Lrdfancypants said:
Fei-Hung said:

Do you know if they ask questions about that?  Besides MP I wouldn't have a clue what was falsely advertised.  Even that I haven't tested myself because it's so large.

I think that's HG's biggest problem.  Lack of communication which they're probably doing on purpose because of the way they communcated before launch but it's still a mistake.

I'm not sure what they will ask, but after I've spoken tomorrow I'll provide an update. 

I'm basically going to say i paid full price at launch for a complete game, but it's missing core features. Based on that and my right as a consumer I want my money back. I'll purchase the game again when it's complete. 

This just goes to show how terrible the state of the game really is. Games on psn are always final sale with no hope of a refund and Sony themselves said that. So the fact that they are giving refunds shows how lolz worthy this game really is.

If you also go over the 2 hour limit on steam, you can also get a refund for this game. If you ordered from Amazon, they will also give you a refund.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Fei-Hung said:
Lrdfancypants said:

I'm not sure what they will ask, but after I've spoken tomorrow I'll provide an update. 

I'm basically going to say i paid full price at launch for a complete game, but it's missing core features. Based on that and my right as a consumer I want my money back. I'll purchase the game again when it's complete. 

Ok.  I'd be curious to know what they say and how. Thanks for updating.

I personally have only had one crash.  

Marco....