By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 - Best Selling Sony Title On PS3. Can GT Sport/GT7 Come Close?

Is GT Sport and/or GT 7 going to bomb...

Yes. (Driveclub numbers) 4 4.60%

No. It'll still sell well (7.5m - 10m) 23 26.44%

It'll still sell well (5m - 7.5m) 25 28.74%

It'll still sell well (2.5m - 5m) 17 19.54%

It'll still sell well (less than 2.5m) 6 6.90%

It'll outsell GT5. 8 9.20%

I can't rightly judge th... 4 4.60%

Total:87

Different times, after the PS1 era Gran Turismo was the king it was also one of the favorite series from the PS1 era in general, everything was right.

On the moment GT has had its probably 2 weakest entries yet on PS3 and has better competition. Obviously the quality of the game will depend a lot of the sales but I am expecting it won't be the best sold GT in quite a margin but still sell well.

VR will be a nice boost.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
Azzanation said:
I highly doubt it will outsell GT5 numbers let alone GT6 numbers. 2m to 3m seems likely. A lot of gamers thought Uncharted 4 will sell 10+ million on PS4 and so far it doesn’t look like it would break half way. There is too much competition in Racing Sims compared to when GT started.

The numbers VGC has is only for 2.5 months of its sales, and it has it at 3.72m (with digital it has to be well over 4m).

Also Uncharted 4 is still ranked pretty high on many charts when they list sales, I wouldnt be surprised if its undertracked a good bit.

Id put money on if naughtdog gave official sales numbers right now, they would be over 5m for Uncharted 4.

Don't worry Azzanation has crazy ideas when it comes to pl... uncharted 4.

6.5 million is pretty much absolute minimum at this point.

I don't know, GT usually sells well and has long legs because of the amount of time between releases. I can see GT7 around the corner to chop off Sports legs.

I got a feeling that GT Sports might be the main game Sony use to push Neo. GT Sports in Neo mode should be pretty amazing.

Barkley said:
JRPGfan said:

The numbers VGC has is only for 2.5 months of its sales, and it has it at 3.72m (with digital it has to be well over 4m).

Also Uncharted 4 is still ranked pretty high on many charts when they list sales, I wouldnt be surprised if its undertracked a good bit.

Id put money on if naughtdog gave official sales numbers right now, they would be over 5m for Uncharted 4.

Don't worry Azzanation has crazy ideas when it comes to pl... uncharted 4.

6.5 million is pretty much absolute minimum at this point.

I'd argue 8m is the minimum at this stage.  But yeah that prediction is funny!

Around the Network

Hopefully. The chance is definitely there.

John2290 said:
Kerotan said:

I'd argue 8m is the minimum at this stage.  But yeah that prediction is funny!

I finally agree with you.

It only took 7,603 posts but we got there in the end. 

GT Sport surely not, but it could sell around like GT5 Prologue. GT7 could outsell GT5 if it will be marketed not worse than it and if it will enjoy equal or better conditions (PS4 user base at launch and lifetime, momentum, bundles, DLCs, online activities, weekly HW sales in the most significant periods for the game's sales, launch period and competition during it, successive editions and their launches and marketing, etc.)

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

GT is not dead, but GT sport is a mistake.

They should have focused on GT7 with loads of content and could include Sport in GT7. They need an impressive looking game that has alot of meat.

The GT prologues and sport only served to dilute the brand.

GT Sport isn't a mainline GT so I don't expect it to sell 10m. I see it around 5m ltd