By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Goddamit, retail stores.

Darwinianevolution said:

So yesterday I went to buy a Pokemon game as a present for my little cousin.

Are you purchasing him Sun&Moon?

I'm on the same boat, but luckily I can wait a few more months. I'm debating wether to get him Y since he watches the cartoon or just buy the new ones.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network
StarOcean said:
Pokemon Nintendo games rarely goes down in price

Fixed that for you

Go to amazon and buy used. Or at least look at the prices there then you got a feeling for it. Pokemon never goes down, and the older ones even go up on prices. But i had em all and sold it.

TomaTito said:
Darwinianevolution said:

So yesterday I went to buy a Pokemon game as a present for my little cousin.

I'm on the same boat, but luckily I can wait a few more months. I'm debating wether to get him Y since he watches the cartoon or just buy the new ones.

By the time they come out, he may not care that much about Pokemon anymore. Time will tell.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

It is basic law of economics - high demand makes price go up.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
TomaTito said:

By the time they come out, he may not care that much about Pokemon anymore. Time will tell.

I don't really know what is so cool about Sun or Moon, so I'll most likely just buy him Y for 35eur.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

I mentioned this a long time ago but some cop friends of mine somehow got some video games after a case closed. They kept all of the "cool" stuff and, as a joke, gave me several Pokémon games. I took this games right to Gamestop and walked out with a DS Lite and a Wii horizontal stand.

Pokémon games retain their value because they are always in demand. You'll rarely find them on sale.