By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No Mans Sky has lost 90% of its players

walsufnir said:
Barkley said:
The average playtime is high however, 17 hours. Higher than Skyrim, Civilization 5, CSGO, etc etc....

I am surprised to read that because the scores are really bad from users.

I haven't read the reviews but are most of those reviews based how the game ran on their PC? A lot of people even with good rigs had problems.

Around the Network
Ruler said:
barneystinson69 said:

Ouch. No surprise considering the disappointment around it. I'm still holding for an Xbox release at around 20-30$

its a sony IP

No it's not... and it's on Windows..   Code has showed its likley coming to Xbox One..     All Sony did was help with Promotion/marketing and distrubution for PS4.. Not involved in the PC version at all as Iam8bit is the PC distributor. 

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m

walsufnir said:
Barkley said:
The average playtime is high however, 17 hours. Higher than Skyrim, Civilization 5, CSGO, etc etc....

Yeah... I'm surprised too considering a lot of people had problems even running the thing on PC... so there'd be a lot of people turning the game on for 15 minutes, find out the thing just doesn't run well enough and quitting...

Holy shit. Evolve all over again.

And to think some here predicted Minecraft levels of popularity and IIRC even 30+ million sales.

Makes sense... The dude lied about a lot of stuff and it ran like shit on PC while crashing on ps4s

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
walsufnir said:

When people have paid 60 bucks for a game, they are less likely to simply quit and move on. Instead they'll try to get at least some value out of the game they bought.

Steam users may want to return the money back, so they should not delay the process because of limits. I still cannot believe the average time is around 17 hours. That's impossible. Maybe this average stat doesnt count the players, who used the return?

Well, there is always Elite: Dangerous, and Star Citizen in a few years.

Thank god i canceled my order. Still 60 on amazon. Make it 30 and ill look....a friend of mine ordered this + farming simulator 15. Guess what, he has already planted an entire forest and never looked back to this boring mess (quote)

That looks like my handwriting on that graph

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

And it made more money than 90% of indie developers.