By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Go sheds more than 10 million users, engagement, downloads and time spent fading fast

StarOcean said:
hershel_layton said:
Maybe it's because we've become sick and tired of the game.

What's the point of playing if every damn gym has a 2500+ cp Dragonite or Snorlax? Is there even a reason to continue?

Yeah, gyms are pretty much impossible at this point XD my highest is around 1500 and wouldnt stand a chance against these other people. So I never bother with gyms these days. I dont think anyone does at this point in my area. We've had the same gym leaders for at least a week now XD and theres barely a strategy to fighting making the whole battle system a complete joke

The best strategy seems to fall right in line with Niantic's vision for the game, have a few of your friends with you and attack the gym at the same time.  The problem though is not everyone travels in a West Side Story gang style pack, and not everyone plays for the same team as their friends.

Edit: To add, what I just put in the PoGo Nation thread, My level 26 account just got smacked with a banhammer. I left work to go hit some stops and a gym about a mile down the road. On the way back my GPS was lost and then reconnected when I got back to work. So, according to the game it seems like I teleported. Didn't think bans happened that quickly, but who knows. Maybe some whiny bastard reported me for having a strong Snorlax on a gym. Guess I will have to wait a few days/weeks/whatever for Niantic to get back to me.

Bit of a shame, though I actually don't mind starting a new account because at least now it doesn't take 10 balls to catch anything. 

Around the Network

Still looking for that Dragonite -_-

Let's see if they if it stabilizes. I've stopped playing it, it quickly became repetitive: it's just grinding and grinding. The gym battles are also a joke. The game needs A LOT of new features or people will just start quiting.

Neodegenerate said:
StarOcean said:

Yeah, gyms are pretty much impossible at this point XD my highest is around 1500 and wouldnt stand a chance against these other people. So I never bother with gyms these days. I dont think anyone does at this point in my area. We've had the same gym leaders for at least a week now XD and theres barely a strategy to fighting making the whole battle system a complete joke

The best strategy seems to fall right in line with Niantic's vision for the game, have a few of your friends with you and attack the gym at the same time.  The problem though is not everyone travels in a West Side Story gang style pack, and not everyone plays for the same team as their friends.

Edit: To add, what I just put in the PoGo Nation thread, My level 26 account just got smacked with a banhammer. I left work to go hit some stops and a gym about a mile down the road. On the way back my GPS was lost and then reconnected when I got back to work. So, according to the game it seems like I teleported. Didn't think bans happened that quickly, but who knows. Maybe some whiny bastard reported me for having a strong Snorlax on a gym. Guess I will have to wait a few days/weeks/whatever for Niantic to get back to me.

Bit of a shame, though I actually don't mind starting a new account because at least now it doesn't take 10 balls to catch anything. 

Um may I ask, what does the ban look like, it could be soft ban, which just disables the app for a day. 

Neodegenerate said:
StarOcean said:

You can line up 6 Pokémon to fight the gym. Just have a bit of potions and revives and use more than one Pokémon to defeat the gym leader. Restore their health post-battle and try again. Even if the gym has more than one Pokémon, you can remove one per one until the gym is defeated.

Around the Network
Acevil said:
Neodegenerate said:

Um may I ask, what does the ban look like, it could be soft ban, which just disables the app for a day. 

When I try to log in the loading bar gets less than halfway then says "failed to get game data from the server"

In checking out other forums and such, everyone is saying that points to a permaban.  Also, Niantic apparently recently decided that all bans will be permabans.

Neodegenerate said:
Acevil said:

When I try to log in the loading bar gets less than halfway then says "failed to get game data from the server"

In checking out other forums and such, everyone is saying that points to a permaban.  Also, Niantic apparently recently decided that all bans will be permabans.

Huh, that was the same message I got awhile ago (few weeks ago), but that was when the servers were unstable. How long has this been happening?

I recommend checking this out:

https://www.trulygeeky.com/pokemon-go-failed-to-get-game-data-from-the-server/

Acevil said:
Neodegenerate said:

Huh, that was the same message I got awhile ago (few weeks ago), but that was when the servers were unstable. How long has this been happening?

I recommend checking this out:

https://www.trulygeeky.com/pokemon-go-failed-to-get-game-data-from-the-server/

Time to try a few of their suggestions.  Thanks.

It's to be expected, wonder what the average will be in a few months

Should see a boost with Johto releases but no idea when that will come out

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Isnt that like every game that gets sold/downloaded a lot in the first month?

Pocky Lover Boy!