By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - How are white people supposed to feel about their own race?

I'm white, and I don't feel white guilt.

Race doesn't really pop up in my day-to-day. It's a non-factor. I prefer to judge people by their decisions.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network

As part of the white race, I don't really think about it. Waking up, if ever looking into a mirror, rarely ever the first thought is "white person". Instead it has to do with my jaw and brow structure, hairline, and so on which is completely independent of color. In fact, if I'm being 100% candid, the only time I think about race is when I see on my Facebook news feed something related to racism regarding BLM or immatrints from the Midwest. As someone who grew up in the early 1990's, it feels like we're more racist against each other now than we were 19 years ago.

the_dark_lewd said:

Race is largely meaningless. You should feel neither proud nor ashamed of your race.

Culture on the other hand is far from meaningless. I'm proud of the positive contributions western european culture (and its offshoots) have made to the world.

Most notably being the source of about 90% of the scientific and technological advancements of the last 500 years and the source of most of the rights revolutions like anti-racism, anti-sexism, anti-homophobia, anti-animal cruelty etc.

SpokenTruth said:

White power, on the other hand, is not about a sense of pride for the general accomplishments for white people (that pride is built into society already) but rather a pride that stems from their ability and success as oppressors.

Oppression has been almost constant throughout human history and has been practiced by every single group. The fact that white people are generally better off today has very little to do with oppression, and a whole lot to do with the Industrial revolution.

Which is why the non-white people who were oppressors throughout the same periods (e.g The Ottomans), are NOT rich today despite their oppression. But societies who had very little oppression but DID industrialise (like Japan), are rich.

You destroyed SpokenTruth's argument.

I'm fine with ethnic groups having pride or cultural celebrations. It's fine for the Irish to celebrate St. Patrick's Day or Germans celebrating Oktoberfest or whatever. And many people of difference ethnicities love to celebrate St. Patty's Day or Oktoberfest or Halloween or whatever. Most of our major holidays are basically European-Pagan (even Christmas). 

I think the caveats are

1.) Any gathering doesn't imply any type of racial superiority or putting others down (this is kinda where assholes like the KKK ruin it for everyone). 

2.) A person is also aware that at the end of the day, they are really only part of one race -- the human race.

Minorities wanting to celebrate their existence after being victimized and targets of violence for decades, in some cases centuries is also OK with me.

I mean if white folkes lived in ... Japan, and Japanese people rounded up white people and openly lynched them, hung them from trees, forced them to work back breaking slavery, burned down their churches, wouldn't let use the same washrooms or buses or eat in the same restaurants or even look side ways at a Japanese woman.

The case Emit Till comes to mind, he was strapped to a car and dragged to his death, his face mutilated, because he apparently looked at a white girl, his mother shocked the country by burying him open casket so everyone could see what had been done to his face.

That's the level of ugliness we are talking about. So sure, if crimes like that had been perpetrated against a white community some place, I would say hell yes, you have ever right to have a parade to march, but these types of marches are not about "superiority" they are about solidarity for a movement and more about the survival/persistence of an ethnic group. And that's fine.

But again even then, people should understand there is only one race as it relates to us in the end, and it is the human race. That's all that matters as humanity progresses into the 21st and hopefully 22nd centuries.

Racist people are dumb.

Literally.

Like, wasn't there a study done that showed strong correlations to low IQ and racism?

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:
DonFerrari said:

Guess you haven't followed this NCAAP case them. But since the one drop rule is basically rubbish and in Brazil it's obnoxious since almost everyone have heritage from most of ethinical groups I won't fault you for that.

I understand your point on ridiculous law, but just to remember, laws are basically useless. Natural law when written is followed because it already was followed before, forced laws aren't followed because a piece of paper don't change people behaviour. Much like you can't make a law prohibiting people to be poor.

And on the reparations... I know it's a minor portion, but they are the most vocal, the ones that get more of the spotlight, the ones that twist things and get media support... and guess what, there have a lot of them heading those organizations for personnal gain. And that is why I ignore the minority movements, because they are a shelter for those guys, and you rarely will see anyone that identifies oneself in that minority being vocal against those vocal minorities while still part of the movement, they just play dumb.

An NAACP case involving the One Drop Rule?   Definitely haven't seen that one.

I'm guessing the reparations voices get media play in Brazil.  They don't here.  As part of my job, I have the news on constantly and it's rare to hear about it.  Conservative media seems to bring it up every now and then and I never hear from liberal media.

Not exactly involvind one drop rule. But in the case of the white guy that was accepted as black he had one ancestor, but in the case of this girl that tainted herself, do her hair, etc and was married to a black guy (but didn't had any black ancestor) she was expelled because she was pretending to be black. So basically they were ok with someone claiming to be black (independent of skin color) as long as the person had one ancestor that were from african ascendence.

They get a lot of voice here.

And on facebook I see a lot of it in America as well, but I don't know if it's similar in news or that if in Facebook most of it is spread by SJW, right wing or what.

ArchangelMadzz said:
DonFerrari said:

Guess you haven't followed this NCAAP case them. But since the one drop rule is basically rubbish and in Brazil it's obnoxious since almost everyone have heritage from most of ethinical groups I won't fault you for that.

I understand your point on ridiculous law, but just to remember, laws are basically useless. Natural law when written is followed because it already was followed before, forced laws aren't followed because a piece of paper don't change people behaviour. Much like you can't make a law prohibiting people to be poor.

And on the reparations... I know it's a minor portion, but they are the most vocal, the ones that get more of the spotlight, the ones that twist things and get media support... and guess what, there have a lot of them heading those organizations for personnal gain. And that is why I ignore the minority movements, because they are a shelter for those guys, and you rarely will see anyone that identifies oneself in that minority being vocal against those vocal minorities while still part of the movement, they just play dumb.

Do you have a gay parade in Saudi Arabia? A Black Lives Matter on Somalia? Or a feminist protest in Syria?

No. The only place SJW have space to protest about what they think is wrong is places that are a lot better to live than the places those problems they say exist really do exist.

Jesus H Christ.

You don't have it there because they would be killed. You know that. Just because you don't have the threat of death doesn't mean you're not being discriminated..

Who even mentioned SJW's? I feel like you're having an argument no one is having due to things you've seen online.

Exactly, but you seem to refuse to understand. The places were gay, woman and different races really are targets to most of the issues the SJW claim to happen massively in the west are only found in these places that they would be killed indiferently.

And that is why I said that you can only parade in places that bigger problems (like being hunted, war, famine, etc) have been solved, so you can complain about minor problems.

Owwww I'm mentioning because a lot of people in this thread wants to pretend they are almost inexistent, but they sure occupy a lot of space.

binary solo said:
I think white people should be in the forefront of not thinking about race at all. The world will be better off when we stop dividing people according to race. And since most (but not all) racial oppression has been carried out at the hands of white people then it's white people who need to take a lead trying to create a post-racial world.

I am neither proud of my race nor am I ashamed. No one has achieved anything BECAUSE they were white, so of what is there to be proud of whiteness? It's not whiteness that enables great discoveries and achievements in the arts and sciences. To claim it is whiteness that contributes to this is, by definition, racist, because it suggests that by mere skin tone you have a superior capacity to achieve great things. To say that whiteness is not a basis for these achievements means there is logical justification for pride in one's skin tone. Similarly whiteness is not a cause of racism or tyranny or oppression or slavery, so one's skin tone is not a reason for historical guilt.

Sorry, but racial oppression only happened mostly by the hand of white people in the west... in Africa black people do that between tribes, in middle east it was largely carried against jews and christians (or white people if you want), in Asia it also is still carried against most outside ethinicities.

You want to hear the great secret, the only ethnicity that formally ruled out slavery was the white folks.

the-pi-guy said:

You shouldn't feel guilty about it.  There are people who are asking you to feel guilty about it, don't listen to them. 

What you should recognize though, is that black people in so many cases have it a lot harder.  

There's economic issues of all kinds, it's even been shown that it's harder to get jobs just for being black.  

There's a lot of racist nuts out there.  We are so much better than we were, even 50 years ago, but there are still nuts out there.  There's still Nazi people, there's still KKK people, lot of horrifying stuff.  

There's also a lot of stereotypes out there.  Even in cases where someone might not consiously think worse of black people, but they for whatever reason decide to keep an eye on them, or maybe even decide to move to the other side of street because you're a teensy bit paranoid.  

I personally don't see what the point in having pride in race is.  Race doesn't even technically exist.  It's a social thing based on skin color, which even changes depending on what you do and eat.  Although, thinking that seems to be a white priviledge.  

I agree with you on most of what you said (even on the hardship to find jobs, that in some instances I can agree that both guys with similar qualifications but different skin color would have different chances of being hired... unfortunately no law or even parade can change that, only time solve those things)

And most people discriminate... black against black and black against white prejudice is quite common as well.

And on the change the side of the street I would say that a lot of times it have less to do with skin color than to clothing and body language (but sure some will want to tie the hip hop and gangster look to black guys and say that you do change because you are racist).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

All people should be proud of their race, religion and culture. Ignore the haters and the Political correctness nonsense that is trying to convert the world into a Communist society.

DonFerrari said:
SpokenTruth said:

An NAACP case involving the One Drop Rule?   Definitely haven't seen that one.

I'm guessing the reparations voices get media play in Brazil.  They don't here.  As part of my job, I have the news on constantly and it's rare to hear about it.  Conservative media seems to bring it up every now and then and I never hear from liberal media.

Not exactly involvind one drop rule. But in the case of the white guy that was accepted as black he had one ancestor, but in the case of this girl that tainted herself, do her hair, etc and was married to a black guy (but didn't had any black ancestor) she was expelled because she was pretending to be black. So basically they were ok with someone claiming to be black (independent of skin color) as long as the person had one ancestor that were from african ascendence.

They get a lot of voice here.

And on facebook I see a lot of it in America as well, but I don't know if it's similar in news or that if in Facebook most of it is spread by SJW, right wing or what.

ArchangelMadzz said:

Jesus H Christ.

You don't have it there because they would be killed. You know that. Just because you don't have the threat of death doesn't mean you're not being discriminated..

Who even mentioned SJW's? I feel like you're having an argument no one is having due to things you've seen online.

Exactly, but you seem to refuse to understand. The places were gay, woman and different races really are targets to most of the issues the SJW claim to happen massively in the west are only found in these places that they would be killed indiferently.

And that is why I said that you can only parade in places that bigger problems (like being hunted, war, famine, etc) have been solved, so you can complain about minor problems.

Owwww I'm mentioning because a lot of people in this thread wants to pretend they are almost inexistent, but they sure occupy a lot of space.

If SJW's claim that what happens to gay's and different races in other countries happen in the west then they are wrong. But If you notice SJW's aren't usually minorities. Minorities themselves just want equal rights and to be treated like everyone else. That's why pride parades are a thing. 

It doesn't matter that you're not being killed or hunted. If you're being systematically discriminated against on a daily basis you should be able to have a pride day. The fact that a study was done showing that if you have the exact same resume/CV but change the name from a typically white name to a typically black name you are FAR less likely to get any responses, and numerous examples like that shows why there is a need to want equality.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

deskpro2k3 said:
there is only one race on this planet, and it is the human race.

So say we all!

melbye said:
Anybody who thinks that i should feel bad or ashamed for something i never did can go fuck themselves, and i don't feel good about myself over other people's achievements

The muslims are held responsible for every action done by one of them

so with that logic you share the blame for what others (white people)  had done