By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - List of current gen, NON-million selling Nintendo games

Should Hyrule Warriors Legends be counted in the million selling list with the Wii U version, or separately on here?

Lumped with Hyrule Warriors Wii U 23 30.26%

Separate 53 69.74%

Total:76
VGPolyglot said:
Miyamotoo said:
I think biggest faile here is Wii Fit U, Wii Fit on Wii sold more than 20m copies, on Wii U cant pass 1m.

What about Wii Sports Club?

Well Wii Sports Club is just Wii Sports HD, but yes that failed too hard.

Around the Network

Cool idea. But that´s just considering retail sales right?
Some of those games actually surpassed a million copies sold if we count digital sales, like Mario Tennis and Star Fox.

Vinther1991 said:
I think if Hyrule Warriors Legend should be counted with the Wii U version. Then the same should be the case for Smash Bros. on your other list

The thing of is, is that Warriors Legends is more of a complete edition or whatever of Warriors Wii U. The same game, but with added content. Smash Wii U has completely different content than Smash 3DS, in game modes and stages.

memoryman3 said:
Come on Mario and Sonic....you can reach 1 million....right?

Mario & Sonic Rio will probably eventually reach it on the back of it being WiiU/3DS.

Rogerioandrade said:
Cool idea. But that´s just considering retail sales right?
Some of those games actually surpassed a million copies sold if we count digital sales, like Mario Tennis and Star Fox.

From the OP: "Note: VGChartz numbers only, so while I'm positive most everything over 800k-900k probably reached 1 million by now, we're only using physical." 

Gamertag, PlayStation Network ID, and Nintendo Network ID: Look at username. Huzzah for originality.  3DS Friend Code: 4038-6546-0886

Currently own PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, GameCube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, and 3DS

Rogerioandrade said:

Source?

I seriously doubt those two have sold over a million including digital; for that to be true, the majority of their sales would have to be digital.

EDIT: Disregard. I stupidly thought you meant the Wii U ones.

curl-6 said:
Rogerioandrade said:

Source?

I seriously doubt those two have sold over a million including digital; for that to be true, the majority of their sales would have to be digital.

He probably meant the 3DS games.

Gamertag, PlayStation Network ID, and Nintendo Network ID: Look at username. Huzzah for originality.  3DS Friend Code: 4038-6546-0886

Currently own PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, GameCube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, and 3DS

Around the Network
Megaoverlord12 said:
curl-6 said:

Source?

... I'm an idiot. XD

X deserves a lot more sales

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

curl-6 said:
Megaoverlord12 said:

... I'm an idiot. XD

Well to be fair, there are Mario Tennis and Star Fox on both so Wii U and 3DS, so he COULD have meant the Wii U ones. I guess the world may never know.

Pavolink said:

That it does. Here's hoping it got at least enough for the sequel they're building up to.

Pavolink said:

Amen. :(

Unfortunately, the cards were stacked against it from the beginning; it's a JRPG not called Final Fantasy that released in 2015 exclusively on a console that will struggle to reach the 14 million mark. All things considered, I think it's done alright.

RolStoppable said:
curl-6 said:

Amen. :(

Unfortunately, the cards were stacked against it from the beginning; it's a JRPG not called Final Fantasy that released in 2015 exclusively on a console that will struggle to reach the 14 million mark. All things considered, I think it's done alright.

You should also consider what the developers themselves did to limit its sales. When you come up with battle and skill systems that are so convoluted that even longtime RPG players need hours to grasp all of it, then you are locking out a big chunk of the market you could sell to. Offering a big game world can draw in only so many people.

Yeah, it is certainly not the most user friendly JRPG. Marketing could've been better also, I don't recall them making much of a push outside of their social media channels, which don't have much reach beyond those who are already fans.