By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 continues to outsell 360 in Europe despite price drop!

I am not surprised. Sony's brand name is very powerful in Europe. This generation will probably see the Wii have broad support everywhere, 360 strong in North America, and Sony strong in Europe.

Around the Network

"PS4 Continues to state the obvious!"

Xbox360 sales have actually more than doubled since the price drop, so MS should be happy with that. It is only because it was so far behind PS3 to start with + GT5 that is stood no chance of selling more...

360 sales are good but it seems that despite the price people just don't want one. Maybe its RRoD issues putting people off. I expect by March 31 2009 PS3 sales will be ahead of 360 sales. Perhaps it might happen over the preceding holiday period.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

MS stuffed up by not cutting the price of XBox 360 within a week of the PS3 price cut November last year.

Around the Network

There needs to be more than a price drop for Europe. How about "for every Xbox you get a free* PS3".

*With the additional cost of 399$ dollars because of legal restrictions.

SSBB: 1977-0005-2980 (JOEY) MKWii: 4382-2877-5902 (Joeykanga)
Wii:4027-0084-9432-1532             PM me if you add me.
Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"

Actually MS lowering the price with the release of GT5P was smart. Its damage control. If they had waited till after or before, they could have killed any momentum the price cut would have given, so instead, they used the price cut as a shock absorber.

More importantly I was expecting the PS3 to do much better consider the GT5P is comming out. Worrisome sign for AAA games bringing in new adopters.

If anything, this was a foreseen event by most users I think.

Rock_on_2008 said:
MS stuffed up by not cutting the price of XBox 360 within a week of the PS3 price cut November last year.

======> that is what allowed the PS3 to live ... I completely agree !

Time to Work !

libellule said:
Rock_on_2008 said:

======> that is what allowed the PS3 to live ... I completely agree !

XBox 360 had its chance to bury the PS3 but it let it off the hook by failing to cut the price of console immediately after the PS3 cut the console price. Just before Xmas the biggest sale period of the year.