By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Is Trump's real agenda to monetize the fringe right wing base?

I don't know. But a lot of people are calling the next XBOX console the Scorpion, instead of Scorpio.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
greenmedic88 said:
He knows he's not going to win the general election. He has an exit plan in place that will minimize the damage to his brand; namely by claiming that the election process was rigged against him from the start with ample help from the media.

He's already monetizing through his campaign; he started his campaign self financed, renting his own properties to use for the campaign, paying himself the minimal on rent to cut costs until the campaign began running off of individual, GOP party and business interest contributions, at which point he raised the rent on his properties his campaign was using by multiple times over.

He's essentially using campaign contributions to recoup what he spent before receiving the GOP nomination in addition to redistributing portions of those party contributions to family members since they are campaign managers.

I'd hate to give him credit - but it is quite clever.

He gets his brand out there. The trump fans will absolutely pay an arm and a leg to stay at one of his hotels now. He gets to gloat over winning the nomination, and not give a damn about losing to "rigged elections".

He gets to say whatever he wants no matter if it makes sense or not. He won't ever reveal his tax returns, his wifes immigration visa/papers etc.

It was all upside for him. Plus he proved how easy it is to become the nominee on hate alone.

He's someone who puts almost half his net worth in his name brand alone. He claims to be worth close to 9bn, when most estimates have his assets closer to 4bn. 

He greatly overestimates the worth of most of his properties (take his golf courses for example) in comparison with assessors, yet underestimates their worth for the purpose of tax claims.

fatslob-:O said:
Machiavellian said:

Plain and simple, I do not care about the openness of Clinton.  She has absolutly nothing to do with what Trump is responsible for.  He want to run for POTUS and he is giving nothing but excuses as to why he will not release his tax forms.  Throwing Hillary into the mix is only a way to try and deflect his responsibility. Trump has not been open on anything that he does.  He is not open about his business deals, he is not open about his medical history / record and he isn't open about his Tax returns even though he could easily post the ones that are not under audit.  Finaicial disclosure do not show everything, its only one half of the equation.  Even the stuff Trump released in his disclosure only show revenue not income.  Trump is obligated to show full disclosure and it will matter to the demographic he needs in order to win.  So while you can give all the excuses you want for Trump, if he want to be like Ross Perot then he better get ready to release those returns.

The reason why Turmp should release his taxes is because it gives transparency into the things I listed before.  No one care what Ross Perot did because he was not representing either the Democrates or Republicans and he lost.  This is another sign that you choose to take the excuse instead of asking why we need to wait unil after the election.  That makes absolutly no sense because we already went down the character line.  He is already on record saying he would release his returns multiple times but when its time to deliver we get the excuses even though he can release his returns that are not being audited.    Anyway, if he is seeking public office as he is, its his responsibility.  Waiting until after the election only means that he is hiding something.  

Also why is wikileaks needed for dirt on Trump to validate if there is dirt??  I do not need wikileaks since there is enough info on Trump using just plain old google.

He's not obligated to show his tax returns, he doesn't need any other excuse for that no matter what you say. It's not even in his duty to release tax returns. You're pretty much wrong about his business deals not being open when he's forced to show any business dealings on financial disclosure statements and tax returns don't even come close to giving you the same amount of information like when you accused him of having connections to Russia for not releasing his tax returns even though none of his assets or liabilities listed any LOL ...

FYI, I didn't imply Trump should copy Ross Perot's results in the election, just his support before the threatening plot and Ross was doing fine without releasing his tax returns ... 

It's funny to see you paint Trump's tax returns as if it's the pandora's box even though the IRS is forced to look what's inside of it to check for anything illegal and they found nothing nefarious in it ... 

Wikileaks not having any info on Trump just means that he has far less nefarious things to hide compared to the government ... 

I want to make sure I understand your position here.  You do not care about transparency for someone going for the ofiice of POTUS.  You are happy with whatever they tell you and do not care if what they say is true or not.  Trump has made claims and positioned his candancy on those claims.  He has said he contributed alot to charities, he has stated his net worth and he has championed in his own econmic plan to give even more tax breaks to the rich.  Just by that alone he should easily come clean just like 40 years of people who were serious about becoming president and release his returns.  What we have found out through the years is that the people who usually make a big issue to release those returns has the most to hide.

What I see from you is a lot of excuses but no real reason why he should not release his return just like everyone who was serious about going for POTUS has done.  Using Ross Perot in your arguments was another deflection since we know how that went down.  I already have an opinion what is there in Trump returns and no I do not believe there is any smoking gun that will change anyone who has decided to vote for him.  Instead, I find it interesting that anyone would just let him off the hook and give excuses for him to not release his returns when he said himself he would.

No, Wikileaks having nothing on Trumps mean that they have either not put any real effort into getting anything, they have no interest or there isn't anything.  There could be many reason why they do or do not have anything but using them as the only sol source if there is any nefarious things Trump has done is basically ignoring the body of stuff you can easily search for on the net.  No person who is serious about doing any real research on any of these people only look at one source of info.

Machiavellian said:

I want to make sure I understand your position here.  You do not care about transparency for someone going for the ofiice of POTUS.  You are happy with whatever they tell you and do not care if what they say is true or not.  Trump has made claims and positioned his candancy on those claims.  He has said he contributed alot to charities, he has stated his net worth and he has championed in his own econmic plan to give even more tax breaks to the rich.  Just by that alone he should easily come clean just like 40 years of people who were serious about becoming president and release his returns.  What we have found out through the years is that the people who usually make a big issue to release those returns has the most to hide.

What I see from you is a lot of excuses but no real reason why he should not release his return just like everyone who was serious about going for POTUS has done.  Using Ross Perot in your arguments was another deflection since we know how that went down.  I already have an opinion what is there in Trump returns and no I do not believe there is any smoking gun that will change anyone who has decided to vote for him.  Instead, I find it interesting that anyone would just let him off the hook and give excuses for him to not release his returns when he said himself he would.

No, Wikileaks having nothing on Trumps mean that they have either not put any real effort into getting anything, they have no interest or there isn't anything.  There could be many reason why they do or do not have anything but using them as the only sol source if there is any nefarious things Trump has done is basically ignoring the body of stuff you can easily search for on the net.  No person who is serious about doing any real research on any of these people only look at one source of info.

I care about transparency but I also care about personal privacy too. My worries aren't lies, my worries are nefarious plans plotted behind the public. 

@Bold Really ? Don't just say it, prove it with past history in the last 40 years otherwise you have no case and show what was specifically so diabolical that the presidential candidates were hiding in their tax returns ... 

I'm not making excuses, you're just creating a red herring. I have a question for you, is it more important to keep tabs on a single citizen rather than what a government is doing ? 

No other leading whistleblowers have called out Trump so it's not only wikileaks that has no information on him but everyone else is empty too ... 

fatslob-:O said:

I care about transparency but I also care about personal privacy too. My worries aren't lies, my worries are nefarious plans plotted behind the public. 

@Bold Really ? Don't just say it, prove it with past history in the last 40 years otherwise you have no case and show what was specifically so diabolical that the presidential candidates were hiding in their tax returns ... 

I'm not making excuses, you're just creating a red herring. I have a question for you, is it more important to keep tabs on a single citizen rather than what a government is doing ? 

No other leading whistleblowers have called out Trump so it's not only wikileaks that has no information on him but everyone else is empty too ... 

There is no privacy when you go for POTUS.  When Trump decided to go for POTUS he should have expected to come clean on any and all dealings he has done his entire life.  Everything comes out and get exposed and it should be that way.  If you got something to hide then come clean with it before hand.

No matter how you slice it, you are giving Trump a pass.  Everyone including his running mate is releasing their tax returns.  Basically you are telling Trump he does not need to be held to the same standards as everyone else who has run for POTUS.  This is very dangerous as it gives someone like Trump the feeling he can in his own words "shoot someone in times square and not lose a vote".  The reason I want Trump to release his tax returns is because he is making a big deal of it.  Since he can release the years that are not audited, it just shows that he has something to hide 

No whistleblower need to call out Trump when you can do any simple internet search and get a body of information on Trump.  Hell there is videos from the 80s about his business practices, shortchanging contractors, bankruptcy and ligations, you name it.  Just recently we find out he paid an official in Florida to make his Trump Institute lawsuit go away, including how he did the same thing in Texas.  We find out he charges 4 times the rent in his Building for his staff now that he is getting GOP money to pay the bills.  If those are just dismissible issues to you I guess you really do not care who Trump is as long as the illusion that  he will be better than his old self is there.

As to your question, not sure what you are looking for. What does keeping tabs on one person has anything to do with what the government is doing.  If that one citizen is someone who will blow up a school, compared to pay to play government deals then you choose.  Everything has a context so put your question in context so I know what you are looking for.

Around the Network

Trump's real agenda is to make more money. But the thing is, that since the majority of what Trump owns is in US, he's dependent on US economy (which isn't the case with wall street) and in order for the economy to grow, peolpe need to have money. Basically who would benefit the most from Trump being elected, would be the low income/poor/working class US citizen.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

bdbdbd said:
Trump's real agenda is to make more money. But the thing is, that since the majority of what Trump owns is in US, he's dependent on US economy (which isn't the case with wall street) and in order for the economy to grow, peolpe need to have money. Basically who would benefit the most from Trump being elected, would be the low income/poor/working class US citizen.

Not sure why Trump plan would help low income poor people.  Most of his property is not affordable for those groups and neither is a lot of his brands.  If anything, Trump will take away any and all regulations that prevent him from make even more money while screwing over the low income people.  This link provides some interesting information on Trump goal to pay for all his tax cuts that really only help the rich.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-economic-plan_us_57c9dc5ce4b0e60d31df29ae

Machiavellian said:

Not sure why Trump plan would help low income poor people.  Most of his property is not affordable for those groups and neither is a lot of his brands.  If anything, Trump will take away any and all regulations that prevent him from make even more money while screwing over the low income people.  This link provides some interesting information on Trump goal to pay for all his tax cuts that really only help the rich.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-economic-plan_us_57c9dc5ce4b0e60d31df29ae

Firstly, I'm going to criticise the source you sited; it's clearly biased considering the ad hominem at the end, so the whole article is most likely cherry picked anyway - as you may guess by the article's only negativity towards Trump.

Anyway, there should be quite a number of new jobs, meaning less unemployment. Immigration stresses the welfare budget, while new cheap workforce keep the low wage jobs as low wage jobs.

Actually Trump has said he'd raise the taxes of the rich people, or that's actually what I've understood. And this makes sense, as I'd guess every million Trump pays in taxes is going to make him five (because the more money is used, the more it's generated).

When people make more money the price of property as a whole goes up. It's not just the property you can afford because the demand on more expensive property is going to increase aswell. 

Basically it all boils down to people having more disposable income that leads to more loans, that leads to more disposable income, that leads to more loans, etc.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

bdbdbd said:
Machiavellian said:

Firstly, I'm going to criticise the source you sited; it's clearly biased considering the ad hominem at the end, so the whole article is most likely cherry picked anyway - as you may guess by the article's only negativity towards Trump.

Anyway, there should be quite a number of new jobs, meaning less unemployment. Immigration stresses the welfare budget, while new cheap workforce keep the low wage jobs as low wage jobs.

Actually Trump has said he'd raise the taxes of the rich people, or that's actually what I've understood. And this makes sense, as I'd guess every million Trump pays in taxes is going to make him five (because the more money is used, the more it's generated).

When people make more money the price of property as a whole goes up. It's not just the property you can afford because the demand on more expensive property is going to increase aswell. 

Basically it all boils down to people having more disposable income that leads to more loans, that leads to more disposable income, that leads to more loans, etc.

Oh I agree the site is bias but then again I am not posting the site opinion just the actual words from Trump Surogates.  One of the main things I wanted to know is how Trump plans on paying for all the tax cuts and big spending he proposes and its interesting in seeing what Trump and crew wants to get rid of.  It also mention all the regulatory actions Trump is looking to get rid of which should be interesting because none of those help low income workers.

As for the number of new jobs is questionable at best.  The type of jobs that have gone due to manufacturing and other things Trump has stated are not gone because of the corporate tax but instead because the labor force is much cheaper, technology and automation.  Those jobs are not coming back to America 

Not sure where you are getting your information on Trump raising taxes on teh rich but his econmic plan is already out there and nowhere does it state raising taxes period, expecially the rich.

Having more disposible income is great if inflation and prices on goods do not also go up.  A few of Trumps economic plans will definitely rise one if not both.  What will happen is the same during Regan term, the rich get richer and the low income poor stay right where they are at.  Nothing changes because unless those low income are moving to higer paying jobs and the economy inflation rate and goods go up in price then they are no better than they were before. 

Anyway I am not totally dismissing Trump plan it just that every time I dig deeper into what he is trying to do the holes start to get bigger and bigger.  Getting rid of EPA, Department of Commerce, Education and Energy sounds like someone what’s to get rid of any agency that stop corporation from just doing whatever the hell they want.  I would love to see what other agency and services Trump would like to cut and how that effect the rich and the low income.

His entire campaign was a scam that financially benefited him. I doubt even Trump himself he'd get to this position. He's lost. So many inconsistencies (and the entire thesaurus' list, equivalent of the word) that spews out of his mouth.