By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Reviews RE4 for Wii: 38/40!!!!

While most of us can still only dream of a chance to play the Wii version of Resident Evil 4, the editors of Famitsu DS+Wii were apparently spending some quality time with the real thing long ago. The Nintendo-oriented monthly sister publication of Weekly Famitsu offered opinions on the game in its July issue, which just hit Japanese news stands today.

Judging by the scores, the Wii could have a critical hit. Two editors awarded the game a perfect 10 out of 10. The other two were still impressed enough to award a score of 9.

The reviewers noted that while the content is almost the same as the GameCube original, the direct Wiimote-based controls offer a plus, making the game feel like something fresh and different. One reviewer said that the game offers the feeling of being closer to the action as well as upping the tension.

Multiple reviewers agreed on two points, that the new controls are simple and easy to get into, and that even those who played the original will be able to enjoy themselves.

source: ign.com

1   2   3  not only you and me.

Livin' in sin is the new thing.

Around the Network

So i understand those famituse ratings are really respected amongst japanese people right? it's like their parents telling them what do buy and what not? So ehhh.. 400k in 1 week?

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

It looks like some solid "core" title finally arrived. Anyway I'm expecting this game to flop in Japan. It's... too good.

@ Neos

I would say 50k - 75k. 

What can I say... Incredible, It seems that if the sales of this title are good, and umbrella chronicles too, camcop will have something to think...

camcop??...ohhhhh you meant crapcom no really though RE4 is a must have for wii owners at $30

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Around the Network

jaja, sorry, I was in shock...

Yep... At least im gonna pick it up for 30 US$.

But Capcom seems to think it's not going to sell:

Expectations Capcom: 420k Worldwide... During lifespan for Wii.

THE NETHERLANDS

aint you all played it by now ? its what 2/3 years old.

Have you played it Blue3?

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I played RE:4 once at a friend's house on his Gamecube. He had surround sound and it was dark out when I tried it. That thing is scary. Damn zombies sneaking up on me. If the Wii version is more immersive, I'd have a heart attack playing this damn thing.