By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Reviews RE4 for Wii: 38/40!!!!

I'd be very interested in this game if I hadn't beaten it 3½ times on my Cube already. Still, it should be a very nice buy for people who haven't played it before. There are probably only a few active gamers who bought lots of games last gen and didn't get RE4, but the many people who've been out of console gaming for years might be very interested in it, as well as any casual gamers who picked up a Wii out of sheer curiosity and want to try a "real" game with blood, large amounts of content, and a decent level of difficulty. It's one of the highest rated games of the previous generation, now with the content of the version with more stuff, the graphics of the prettier version, and a very reasonable price tag. I'd be very interested in this game in even slightly different circumstances. I'm guessing total sales will be just over half a million worldwide.

Around the Network

Exactly what kind of score did RE4 get in Famitsu for GC and PS2? I doubt the Wii score is any different. 400k w/w after everything's said and done for a budget re-release.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Why is anyone surprised? this was is one of the best games of the last few years, maybe ever. I would give it a 40/40 haha

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

do japanese users listen to famitsu scores??

Tetsuya said:
do japanese users listen to famitsu scores??

Only core gamers... so an answer is no, they do not listen to famitsu.

Around the Network

Capcom to boost Wii, DS support Capcom has announced plans to build on their Wii and DS support. They said that this process will begin immediately. Capcom currently has 14 titles in the works for the DS, and 6 titles for the Wii. It really is great to see more support coming from a major third party like this. Capcom has always worked well with Nintendo, it should be interesting to see what else they do with the Wii. http://gonintendo.com/?p=18235 Original link here: http://gamefront.de/

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

ckmlb said:
Why is anyone surprised? this was is one of the best games of the last few years, maybe ever. I would give it a 40/40 haha

Same here. I absolutely hated the last few years of the RE series before RE4. I was sick and tired of them using bad camera angles and shoddy aiming to aid their difficulty level. That all changed with RE4.

It's easily one of my favorite games of all time. I'm actually kinda disappointed that they're going back to Umbrella Corp. for RE5. I thought the zombies and monks were so much more interesting. Oh, and they were scary as shit. Is there a better first 30 minutes of a game ever? When the villagers start rushing you in the beginning of RE4, everyone gets that "Oh, SHIT!" moment.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

wow....so casual most take up a good portion of the market share right....cause there isnt that much core users...as explaining the xbox 360!!!!

BTW... is there a score section on the Famitsu site? Link? Anyone?

no....i was trying to look for it and there isnt not one...its all in freakin japanese!!!!