By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MS change deceptive Xbox One Slim image

Does the "before" volume include the volume of the power brick? Because I had been assuming it was, but then I got my "S" and it seems about 40% smaller just on its own, not even accounting for the volume of the power brick. Time to get a tape measure and do some math, perhaps.

Around the Network
scrapking said:
Does the "before" volume include the volume of the power brick? Because I had been assuming it was, but then I got my "S" and it seems about 40% smaller just on its own, not even accounting for the volume of the power brick. Time to get a tape measure and do some math, perhaps.

I thought the PSU on the S was internal?

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Puppyroach said:
Honest mistake that they corrected thankfully, but I actually think the second image is a bit to big :).

Do you think their E3 show was seen by literally no one before it was okayed to go on the giant screens?

Anyone with eyes could see the original image wasn't even big enough to fit Gamecube size disks into, unless you are saying that you think their whole marketing division can't do basic geometrical maths? Would be a fairly weak group if that was the case.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

LurkerJ said:

MS stands for Sean Murray.

How did we not see this?

Mind blown 

They compensated a little too much this time to avoid any further errors. Going by my calculations of volume using pixels cubed as the unit the difference the image shows is as follows.

New Image: 35.2% smaller than the box that is surrounding it.

Old Image: 74.17% smaller than the box that is surrounding it.

The old image was absolutely MILES off.

Around the Network
Barkley said:
They compensated a little too much this time to avoid any further errors. Going by my calculations of volume using pixels cubed as the unit the difference the image shows is as follows.

New Image: 35.2% smaller than the box that is surrounding it.

Old Image: 74.17% smaller than the box that is surrounding it.

The old image was absolutely MILES off.

I think that whoever the PR guy that came up with the first image was, they were thinking of 40% of the original size, not 40% less.  But, either way someone clearly didn't proof the image with real math...

It's more likely(from my experience dealing with advertising people), that the image was ordered by one person and the text was created by another.

It is near the end of the end....

Puppyroach said:
Honest mistake that they corrected thankfully, but I actually think the second image is a bit to big :).

Yeah ok. There's no way in hell they didn't know that first image wasn't correct. 

FIT_Gamer said:
Puppyroach said:

Yeah ok. There's no way in hell they didn't know that first image wasn't correct. 

Exactly, Anyone that's actually seen it in person knows the original imgae was false.

Also, seems about right to me:

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Well they might as well remove that picture since the size is certainly not a selling point.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MoHasanie said:
Well they might as well remove that picture since the size is certainly not a selling point.

Of course it is!