Forums - Sales Discussion - UK Charts - week ending 13th August 2016

Ka-pi96 said:
Lrdfancypants said:

Or people like it because it's pretty much what they expected.  

The negative reaction it got upon release suggests it was indeed overhyped...

The negative reactions only existed because of the hype.  Its funny how we try to make the negative reations more meaninful than the positive ones.  This is an indie game.  It was as Sean said self funded and developed by a tiny team.  The results are amazing considering.   The wave of negativity can blind people but thats why I recommend watching streams. 

Around the Network
CosmicSex said:
Ka-pi96 said:

The negative reaction it got upon release suggests it was indeed overhyped...

The negative reactions only existed because of the hype.  Its funny how we try to make the negative reations more meaninful than the positive ones.  This is an indie game.  It was as Sean said self funded and developed by a tiny team.  The results are amazing considering.   The wave of negativity can blind people but thats why I recommend watching streams. 

Funny how only the negative reactions matter and the positive don't count.  If you like this game it seems it's only because you were tricked by hype and not because it's enjoyable to you.

It's insulting.

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

Lrdfancypants said:
CosmicSex said:

Funny how only the negative reactions matter and the positive don't count.  If you like this game it seems it's only because you were tricked by hype and not because it's enjoyable to you.

It's insulting.

Agree with this statement.  I like it.  I don't get hyped for games like that so for me it was the actual gameplay that made me want it.    Between PC and PS4 the game will easily clear 2 milion units sold.  There is no doubt in my mind that they will invest their earning into making this game even better.

Tagging, that boost for Mario and Sonic though

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread -

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

So, new data for German console market :

3.2 mil. PS4s ( 69% )
710k Xbones ( 15,1% )
760k Wii U ( 15,9% )

From Jan. 2016 to July 2016 :

460k PS4s
105k Xbones

http://www.boerse-online.de/nachrichten/aktien/Spielekonsolen-Sony-zockt-Microsoft-mit-der-PS4-in-Deutschland-ab-1001354158

https://global.handelsblatt.com/edition/495/ressort/companies-markets/article/sluggish-gaming-industry-calls-for-funding?ref=MTA5NDQz

Compared to this post ( Jan. 21st 2016 ) :

christmas-time 2015 in germany: (november - december)

PS4: 570.000

xb1: 110.000

overall in germany:

PS4: 2,8 million

xb1: 600.000

PlayStation 4 with 68 % in germany. 17 % wiiu and xbox1 with 15 %.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7724989

Around the Network

So is the >100k for NMS actual sales or just what people are thinking?

WoodenPints said:

It's official.

100-125k is the correct range.

2020 predictions: NSW 25m, PS5 6m, XSX 4.5m, PS4 11m, XB1 4m

In December 2019 i predicted 21m Switch, 9m PS4 and 3m XB1, but that was before COVID, obvius increased my predictions.

Ryng_Tolu said:
WoodenPints said:

It's official.

100-125k is the correct range.

Ah ok thanks, 

Edit: NVM misread.

I know they hyped the hell out of this, but expect A LOT of copies hitting the used shelves in the next couple of days. I can't imagine chavs enjoying this.

User was warned for this post ~ CGI

good for no mans sky, personally i'd never buy it at full whack but pushing PS4 further forward is always good to see

let the hate drive it

Above & Beyond