By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Time to sell PS4?

I am thinking of selling my PS4 in anticipation of the PS4+(or whatever they call it).

It seems pretty likely that it's coming "soon" but since it hasn't been announced I think that the market to sell a PS4 would be better than waiting for  the announcement. However I don't want to be without my PS4 for months & months depending on when the release date is(also with my PS+ sub not being utilised it seems wasteful)

So what do you guys think?

Around the Network

Mine is already on ebay.

BasilZero said:
I have a feeling it'll be released in Spring 2017 - announced September 2016 though.

Not selling my PS4 personally - if I find the purchase worth it - I'll get the new PS4 but if its minor improvements I'll likely pass.

I think they will release it as quickly as possible because surely any news of a new PS4 would kill or hurt current sales and Sony won't want that. Didn't Sony announce & release both PS3 slims in short periods of time?

I'm keeping mine, even after the Neo launches. I would wait until you actually have the new model until you sell the old one.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Bandorr said:
You should probably wait until you see a release date of the next console. Prices aren't going to drop THAT fast.

Exactly. Sure I can live a few months without a PS4, but the second hand market is inert. Only a fraction of people will know the launch date and price of the PS Neo instantly after announcement and many won't even care.

Around the Network

Until I know release date, price, and features be hesitant to do anything.

spurgeonryan said:
How is this new PS4 going to be different?

Do you actually expect an answer to that?  

Edit: personally I'll not sell my ps4 until I buy a neo.  

And I'm actually thinking about buying one!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I thought about it but then decided i need it for FFXV

I think you should rethink supporting a three year upgrade cycle and stick with the original console.