By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trump "Exhausted, Frustrated, Bewildered" As Campaign In Meltdown

I wouldn't be surprised if Trump bails out, claim something outrageous and act like a martyr. And he'll probably *still* be acting all smug about it.

But Trump's days as a politician are over. It was entertaining for a while, but now an actual president has to be chosen. I'm sure that by far most Americans were never stupid enough to want such a man as their president.
And it's all for the better. I don't think *any* country outside of the US were ever optimistic about a world with Trump as president.

Around the Network
funkateer2 said:
I wouldn't be surprised if Trump bails out, claim something outrageous and act like a martyr. And he'll probably *still* be acting all smug about it.

But Trump's days as a politician are over. It was entertaining for a while, but now an actual president has to be chosen. I'm sure that by far most Americans were never stupid enough to want such a man as their president.
And it's all for the better. I don't think *any* country outside of the US were ever optimistic about a world with Trump as president.

I can think of a sizable list if we don't limit ourselves to countries in Europe... 

AsGryffynn said:
funkateer2 said:

I can think of a sizable list if we don't limit ourselves to countries in Europe... 

I don't think so...  Regardless of whether they are pro or anti-America, I can't see many people wanting a wild card America.  

JWeinCom said:
AsGryffynn said:

I don't think so...  Regardless of whether they are pro or anti-America, I can't see many people wanting a wild card America.  

But they want an unstable (or more isolationist) America. 

AsGryffynn said:
JWeinCom said:

But they want an unstable (or more isolationist) America. 

I really don't think that's quite the case.  I don't think Trump has necessarily shown he'd be an isolationist.  Like most matters, he's been inconsistent on that.  As for instabilitiy... I don't think anyone really wants an unstable nuclear power.  Obviously, anyone is an overstatement, cause some people are crazy, but I think most people on either side prefer a more stable America.

Around the Network

I kinda agree with Trump on the reason he's losing. He would have been better off following his instincts in the general election as well. He started out being the only candidate who wasn't bought, who was siding with racist america on how to run the government.

Well, now he's lost any form of consistency. He has no policies that he hasn't at some point backed off on. There are no conceivable positives for Trump that don't stink of mystery meat.

The whole reason he started playing nice in the first place was to rally the republican voters, but he didn't even get those. Even when he plays nice, they're still trying to stab him in the back. But now he's lost his "I'm an unbought politician" card. Just like he's lost every other card.

JWeinCom said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

More importantly though, I don't think she's shown good vision.  She's been against the TPP, against the Iraq War, against the Patriot act, for gay marriage, for raising the minimum wage, and so on, but only after her party shifted that way. 

I think all those things are a plus.

how is being "for gay marriage" a bad thing? or Raiseing minimum wages? those are great things. Helps the weakest in society, and gives rights to gays.

So is being against the patriot act (which is constantly abused by those in power), and TPP isnt going to help anyone.

I saw this coming a million miles away. I think most in the RNC did too. This is why they were trying to stop Trump themselves similar to what the DNC did to Bernie Sanders. The difference is, the DNC were screwing over Bernie from day one. The RNC didn't take Trump very seriously and let him play around until they realized they had a problem. Then it was too late.

Part of Trump's problem is that he no longer has control of the media like he did before. Before, he knew exactly what to do to get the media to talk about him and to piss off other people. Every time he said something controversial, he got in the news and his poll numbers went up. During the primaries, he knew that all he had to do was to say something to piss off the other candidates which in turn made him look good and them look bad even though he was the one who didn't know what he was talking about. Now the primaries are over. He now has to compete with Hillary Clinton and the Democrats, who have more than enough experience when it comes to manipulation and screwing people over. Then there's the unexpected rise of Gary Johnson. Trump has tried to pass him off as a fringe candidate but with each passing day, that's turning out not to be the case. While Gary doesn't get as many headlines as the other two candidates, he's fresh and the news is starting to take more notice of him. He's news. Donald Trump is not. Donald Trump is no longer unpredictable and can no longer create headlines.

Check out my art blog: http://jon-erich-art.blogspot.com

JRPGfan said:
JWeinCom said:

More importantly though, I don't think she's shown good vision.  She's been against the TPP, against the Iraq War, against the Patriot act, for gay marriage, for raising the minimum wage, and so on, but only after her party shifted that way. 

I think all those things are a plus.

how is being "for gay marriage" a bad thing? or Raiseing minimum wages? those are great things. Helps the weakest in society, and gives rights to gays.

So is being against the patriot act (which is constantly abused by those in power), and TPP isnt going to help anyone.

I think you misinterpreted me.

I support (most) of those things.  My issue with Hillary isn't that she didn't support them, but that she didn't support them soon enough.

Bernie for instance spoke out against the Iraq war before it happened, for gay marraige before it was popular, and for raising the minimum wage.

Hillary Clinton voted for the Iraq War, supported the defense of marraige act, and had nothing to say on minimum wage.  She only supported those things after the rest of the party started supporting them.  

So while it's good she supported them, it seems she did so more because she wanted votes than because she actually supports them.  I'd rather have a candidate who is forward thinking and does the right thing before it's the popular thing.

No, she is not Trumpf is mental case and the worst canditate since George Wallace.  On top of all that he is not even a very good businessmen.  Real Estate is pretty much the easiest thing to get rich of and he is not even very good at it since he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and still managed to get bankcrupt three times.