By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trump "Exhausted, Frustrated, Bewildered" As Campaign In Meltdown

I'm thinking that Trump might be the end of the republican party in general. Tea Party is pretty much its own thing. They might branch off and make their own party. Since in the primaries, any republican can vote you end up with a crapshoot of various generic politicians. So most voting is done on a uninformed level. I wouldn't be shocked in the least if in 2020 the republican nominee is Dog the Bounty Hunter or one of the Pawn Stars.

Around the Network

You should never believe the dishonest press. They would write and invent everything to stop him because their investors want Clinton to be president.

Why did people want a republican candidate like this? Is American society that much in troll mode that they thought he'd be worthy to take the top seat? People wanted "change" so bad they were willing to get behind a obnoxious rich celeb who will say anything to get attention like a fat kid at Thanksgiving? Trump was a complete waste of a candidacy by people who should have known better.

The fact that a man like this got this far shows the mentality of his base, immature and spiteful with a head full of isolationist fantasies that a lot of people weren't going to tolerate. Running the country isn't the same as being a CEO. There's diplomacy and compromise and Trump represents none of that. Reality is kicking in. There's enough salesmen in politics where we don't need a literal one in office. A man only concerned with building his brand in the end.

etking said:
You should never believe the dishonest press. They would write and invent everything to stop him because their investors want Clinton to be president.

But when you have video of trump saying dumb things on the net, you shouldnt believe that either right?

Its just biased media? no. Trump isnt fit to be president.

Whats crazy is that appearntly he can do no wrong, his supporters dont care what he does or says.

"I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters," - Donald Trump.

Its just biased media, lmao.

Bandorr said:

The people screaming "biased liberal media" remind me of those people that say "he was edited that way" when you see a video of someone on a reality show.

From the silly lies of "the NFL sent me letters saying they were mad" to the extended ones like

"Hillary created ISIS".
"Obama co-created ISIS with Hilary"
"Yes he literally created it."
"No I was being sarcastic, why can't people see that?!?!?!"
"I wasn't being that sarcastic".

He says something three times, tries to claim it was sarcasm when he catches flak for it - only to then say he wasn't being 'that' sarcastic hours later.

He is saying things very bazaar things to GET the attention from the media.

To be honest, the NFL lie is actually the most concerning one to me.

People lie.  Pretty much all of them.  Normal people lie for some external benefit, usually to get out of trouble.  While I don't like politicians doing that, it is at least rational behavior.

Pathological liars lie for no obvious external purpose.  They lie for some kind of internal reason known only to them.

There is no logical reason to claim the NFL sent him anything.  It's simply unnecessary.  It's a sign of a pathological liar.

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
JWeinCom said:

To be honest, the NFL lie is actually the most concerning one to me.

People lie.  Pretty much all of them.  Normal people lie for some external benefit, usually to get out of trouble.  While I don't like politicians doing that, it is at least rational behavior.

Pathological liars lie for no obvious external purpose.  They lie for some kind of internal reason known only to them.

There is no logical reason to claim the NFL sent him anything.  It's simply unnecessary.  It's a sign of a pathological liar.

Yeah It worries me quite a bit actually. I mean WTF was the point of it?

He wasn't trying to "defend" himself like with the "I was just joking/sarcatic" ones. He wasn't really trying to prove anything like with the "Hilary is taking our guns/is ISIS".

It was an easily traceable lie that gains him nothing. What was there to gain? At most he gets random football fans angry that a convention was up against their precious football game.

He did the same thing earlier.  When John Oliver commented on him, Trump claimed it was because he turned down Oliver's show.

https://youtu.be/DnpO_RTSNmQ?t=2m30s

And, I'm pretty sure he's also claimed to have been asked for endorsements by several people who deny they ever did.

JWeinCom said:
Bandorr said:

Yeah It worries me quite a bit actually. I mean WTF was the point of it?

He wasn't trying to "defend" himself like with the "I was just joking/sarcatic" ones. He wasn't really trying to prove anything like with the "Hilary is taking our guns/is ISIS".

It was an easily traceable lie that gains him nothing. What was there to gain? At most he gets random football fans angry that a convention was up against their precious football game.

He did the same thing earlier.  When John Oliver commented on him, Trump claimed it was because he turned down Oliver's show.

And, I'm pretty sure he's also claimed to have been asked for endorsements by several people who deny they ever did.

You guys might find this editorial interesting: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-unbearable-stench-of-trumps-bs/2016/08/04/aa5d2798-5a6e-11e6-831d-0324760ca856_story.html?utm_term=.f368effbd5d2

The thesis is that liars at least know the truth, but choose to distort it. BS artists can't seem to differentiate between fact and fiction.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
JWeinCom said:

You guys might find this editorial interesting: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-unbearable-stench-of-trumps-bs/2016/08/04/aa5d2798-5a6e-11e6-831d-0324760ca856_story.html?utm_term=.f368effbd5d2

The thesis is that liars at least know the truth, but choose to distort it. BS artists can't seem to differentiate between fact and fiction.

I don't know if he legitimately doesn't know, but he feels invincible and perhaps rightfully so.  Whenever you bring up something he's said, even a direct quote, his supporters, as you've seen in this very topic, just blame it on a media conspiracy against him.

He said he can shoot someone on fifth avenue and not lose any votes.  And while I don't know if that's true, his supporters certainly aren't holding him accountable for his lies.  The only problem is, he's not only preaching to the choir anymore.

JWeinCom said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

I don't know if he legitimately doesn't know, but he feels invincible and perhaps rightfully so.  Whenever you bring up something he's said, even a direct quote, his supporters, as you've seen in this very topic, just blame it on a media conspiracy against him.

He said he can shoot someone on fifth avenue and not lose any votes.  And while I don't know if that's true, his supporters certainly aren't holding him accountable for his lies.  The only problem is, he's not only preaching to the choir anymore.

I'm hoping for a landslide Clinton victory to repudiate Trump's candidacy. A close election would lend more validity to his call to arms, both figuratively and, most recently, literally.

I get that people are hurting out there and feel left behind. But electing a strongman with a fifth grade vocabulary and a tenuous grasp of world politics is not the person to lead this country. Clinton has her baggage, no doubt -- what politician who's been on the world stage for 25 years doesn't? -- but Trump, with his fascist inclinations, his financial irresponsibility, and love affair with Putin, could actually cause severe problems both at home and abroad. His candidacy has already done harm to the standing of the US overseas. Imagine what damage he could do with the full weight and power of the US economy and military. It's a terrifying thought.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
JWeinCom said:

I'm hoping for a landslide Clinton victory to repudiate Trump's candidacy. A close election would lend more validity to his call to arms, both figuratively and, most recently, literally.

I get that people are hurting out there and feel left behind. But electing a strongman with a fifth grade vocabulary and a tenuous grasp of world politics is not the person to lead this country. Clinton has her baggage, no doubt -- what politician who's been on the world stage for 25 years doesn't? -- but Trump, with his fascist inclinations, his financial irresponsibility, and love affair with Putin, could actually cause severe problems both at home and abroad. His candidacy has already done harm to the standing of the US overseas. Imagine what damage he could do with the full weight and power of the US economy and military. It's a terrifying thought.

I think Hillary is meh.  She's willing to be incredibly disingenuous to get votes.  It's not the kind of obvious "Obama founded ISIS" lies, but still enough to be concerning.  More importantly though, I don't think she's shown good vision.  She's been against the TPP, against the Iraq War, against the Patriot act, for gay marriage, for raising the minimum wage, and so on, but only after her party shifted that way.  She simply reacts to the current mood.  Aside from health care, she hasn't shown herself to be ahead of the curve on many issues.  Foresight is more important than hindsight for a president.  With all that said, I don't think she's especially evil or more corrupt than most politicians.  And it's a bit sad that I have to say "not evil" and not "more corrupt than most" as a positive for a candidate, but when considering the opposition, that becomes relevant.

Donald Trump is like a penis enlarging pill.  He targets people who want an easy solution so badly that they're willing to believe anything, no matter how ridiculous it is.  Doesn't matter that the claims are completely ridiculous and there is no explanation of how or why they'll work.  Trump's (metaphorically) tiny penised supporters are so desperate that they'll vote for him anyway.