By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Despite Pokemon Go being in decline, my library has 17 people sitting outside in the dark playing currently

naruball said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Casual soccer mom players do not know what updates are to things like this really and wont be coming back, this isn't like expansions to PC MMOs, those people tried it, was buggy and stopped playing it because of that. First impressions with some players are damning especially like I said if they aren't your standard gamer who is fine to basically beta test a buggy mess.

Yup. I keep reading that updates will bring people back and I could agree with you more.

People won't like the idea of paying for data. The game doesn't have much to offer and you can't play it wherever you go like Candy Crush or Angry Birds.

Given the way the game works I don't think there can ever be an offline mode to PoGo though, unless it just see's that you are offline and auto populates the area near you with pidgeys and rattatas :S

Connection to the server is needed at all times and I can't see that changing without a huge change to the game at its core.

It's half the reason this game is so taxing on Phone batteries, it is sort of ahead of its time for a mobile game, using AR, GPS, Data, WiFi, constant screen use and phone vibration all together, it is like a game designed on a PC knowing that all those features are in a phone... but not thinking logistically about what using them all at the same time constantly would mean for battery life or data charges.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

Went to a park the other day, put out a lure and within an hour had 30+ people come to my area. Young males (16-30) are majority, but plenty of older, younger, and females as well. Honestly I can't profile a Pokemon Go player due to the sheer diversity of players I see anytime I go to public areas to play. Once those spots dry up I'd start to wonder, but for now as many people as ever. Downtown regularly has 100+ people in areas clearing playing on weekends.

teigaga said:

I'm quite inclined to believe that NX's first pokemon game will be a battle game ala Stadium which connects with your pokemon go account. There was a rumour saying that Pokemon would be on NX in the first 6months (as you've said it'd be dumb not to capitalise on Go) yet I doubt that they'll release another full length RPG right after Sun and Moon has just come out.

I think that would be a great idea. It would solve the simplistic battle mechanics from Go. But also mind that they could just plan to port Sun and Moon to NX.

Lol, who said it's in decline? As far as I can tell there's a whole huge batch of older/casual types that knew nothing about Pokemon a month ago that are just now getting hooked on it. It's literally the new candy crush. Soon everyone in your family will be playing it.

was hanging out in a city area earlier and people were all over the gyms playing. Its got to be still the top app by far

Around the Network

Noticable drop off of people playing in my town

EVERY GAMERS WORST NIGHTMARE...THE TANGLING CABLES MONSTER!

Coffee is for closers!

All but a couple of my friends have stopped playing. As was easy to predict.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

It's declining fast but winter will be the end of it almost entirely.

torok said:
teigaga said:

I'm quite inclined to believe that NX's first pokemon game will be a battle game ala Stadium which connects with your pokemon go account. There was a rumour saying that Pokemon would be on NX in the first 6months (as you've said it'd be dumb not to capitalise on Go) yet I doubt that they'll release another full length RPG right after Sun and Moon has just come out.

I think that would be a great idea. It would solve the simplistic battle mechanics from Go. But also mind that they could just plan to port Sun and Moon to NX.

Yeah, I thought they would have announced it for NX like they did Zelda but I guess we'll find out in a few weeks. 

It's still crazy popular in my city. Everywhere I go people are playing it.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.