By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Despite Pokemon Go being in decline, my library has 17 people sitting outside in the dark playing currently

Jranation said:
Went to the Sydney Opera House last weekend and fuck! Its been like a month and it still has lots of people playing it there.

New updates will definetly bring people back.

Casual soccer mom players do not know what updates are to things like this really and wont be coming back, this isn't like expansions to PC MMOs, those people tried it, was buggy and stopped playing it because of that. First impressions with some players are damning especially like I said if they aren't your standard gamer who is fine to basically beta test a buggy mess.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Natsu said:
It's declining? Well that may be because everyone was playing it for a bit. A lot of people still play it I just don't see grown women play as much XD

I heard one grown lady say she would start playing once what was happening in California came here. Whatever that is.

You mean how many pokestops there are? XD I don't know where you live but I like in a rural area and there aren't very many stops and not many great pokemon spawn here. 

Natsu said:
spurgeonryan said:

I heard one grown lady say she would start playing once what was happening in California came here. Whatever that is.

You mean how many pokestops there are? XD I don't know where you live but I like in a rural area and there aren't very many stops and not many great pokemon spawn here. 

Oh... it might have been in reference to the new tracking system which is being beta tested in small areas in the states, will actually show you a picture of the pokestop that the pokemon is closest to in the tracking window... where it just shows a patch of grass right now.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:
Jranation said:
Went to the Sydney Opera House last weekend and fuck! Its been like a month and it still has lots of people playing it there.

Casual soccer mom players do not know what updates are to things like this really and wont be coming back, this isn't like expansions to PC MMOs, those people tried it, was buggy and stopped playing it because of that. First impressions with some players are damning especially like I said if they aren't your standard gamer who is fine to basically beta test a buggy mess.

Oh i see. Im still very unfamiliar with how smartphone gamers reacts. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

I don't see it as declining, more like potential when the game updates. To be honest, that's the only why i've stopped. 5 days in a row hunting is too much, but if we were to add new features, more people will come back.

Around the Network
Ganoncrotch said:
Natsu said:

Oh... it might have been in reference to the new tracking system which is being beta tested in small areas in the states, will actually show you a picture of the pokestop that the pokemon is closest to in the tracking window... where it just shows a patch of grass right now.

Ohh it isn't finished yet? That explains why every friggin pokemon is just in grass :P

Can't wait for shinies to be implemented.

So only 20 people are playing it right now? That's what I call a decline!

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Natsu said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Ohh it isn't finished yet? That explains why every friggin pokemon is just in grass :P

Yeah it should have like a nearby icon and the picture should be of a pokestop it is closest to where it has spawned, there will still be ones away from Pokestops which just show grass, but I think they should mostly give at least a sort of idea of where you need to walk towards.

What it should look like

Video I lifted that image from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AeBV6SShYI

Ganoncrotch said:
Jranation said:

Updating an app is second nature to a mobile user, they just come from the store app, and by default these are done automatically. The main decline, I believe, are people just getting bored with it, be it the exponential progression or increased capture difficulty as you level up.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"